Tracie's Reviews > Little Altars Everywhere

Little Altars Everywhere by Rebecca Wells

Jun 10, 11

Read in May, 2011

A fun little last-minute library pick-up for a recent trip. I haven't read her other books, but have listened to the audio of Divine Secrets I think. It's always fun to listen to southern accents and sass! I don't remember the other book well, but what I like about this one is how each chapter is told by a different character and while it is not a chronological story, more like evening porch reminiscing - you get a good idea of who each character is and they feel very real. These characters are each broken and trying to life their lives the best they can. It's so easy to judge those around us for what we see of them when we don't know their hearts and their struggles. I haven't picked something like this up for fun in a long time and while there were some great parts, the dark parts just weighed me down. I'm also fascinated by recent reads with strong Catholic childhood upbringings - this one Southern Louisiana and then a few Irish books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Altars Everywhere.