Donna {Book Passion for Life}'s Reviews > Catching Jordan

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

“I love you…” “I love you too,” I blurt
He smiles, but it’s not a happy smile-it’s like a resigned smile. “I really do love you, Woods, but I like what we have now. And if we go off to different colleges, it’ll be horrible. We’d be apart all the time. I couldn’t handle that. I’m already dreading it.”

***Possible Spoilers***

Catching Jordan is one of them books that I knew I had to get my hands on ever since I first heard about it! I definitely glad I did because this book is YA at its best.

Jordan Woods is the captain of her school football team; the only thing is she’s the only female on the team. What girl wouldn’t love that? But she’s treated like one of the guys and she loves it. Her best friends are all males and she like to take the mick out of the cheerleaders. When new guy Ty moves to town, he makes the team and could possibly threaten Jordan’s position, however when Ty shows that he’s not interested into taking Jordan’s position but in Jordan herself…..Jordan starts going through things she never expected to feel. She’s starting to feel like an actual girl.

I loved Jordan! She’s one of them kick ass girls that you always want to read about. She’s very focused, she’s determined and she doesn’t let anyone push her around. I have to say, there were times when I thought I was reading this book from a boys point of view rather than a girls because Jordan being a tom boy almost thinks like a boy. She acts like a boy; she talks like a boy….well…..that is until Ty comes into the picture. Ty brings out Jordan’s girly side and it was great getting to read about her getting nervous about what to wear at school, what underwear to wear and of course, how to kiss. Ty is one of them characters that you love straight away, he’s gorgeous and there’s definitely something about him. He had a hard life and is trying to provide for his family but I loved how he opened up with Jordan. Did I think their relationship was perfect? Ermmm…..probably not. I loved watching the attraction grow but I felt something was missing and I definitely didn’t like how Jordan jumped into bed with Ty within 5 minutes.

Now, the love triangle! I have got to say I wasn’t even expecting it and I can’t believe I missed all the signs from the start. When Henry was being funny with Jordan and sleeping around with all the girls, I was half expecting to announce he was gay but boy was I shocked when it was revealed….he’s in love with Jordan! Henry was definitely a swoon worthy character and I probably don’t agree with how he treated Jordan while she was dating Ty but he sure does make up for it. Jordan + Henry = Perfect Match in my opinion.

Overall, Catching Jordan was my first book my author Miranda Kenneally and it definitely won’t be my last. It’s was witty, romantic and funny and I guarantee your will love it….so try it!

Thank you to NetGalley & Sourcefire books for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Jordan.

Comments (showing 1-14)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 14: by Jasprit (last edited Dec 02, 2011 02:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jasprit I've read so many positive reviews for this book! I'm just going to have to buy it now! Great review Donna :)

message 13: by Donna {Book Passion for Life} (last edited Dec 02, 2011 03:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Donna {Book Passion for Life} It was good Jasprit, I think you will like it! :)

Shawna I just bought this yesterday!!! I can't wait to read it :-)

Donna {Book Passion for Life} You will lurveeeeee Henry Shawna! He's totally swoon worthy!!!

Shawna Donna {Book Passion for Life} wrote: "You will lurveeeeee Henry Shawna! He's totally swoon worthy!!!"

Great...another swoon worthy guy...you know drool stains are difficult to get out of clothing lol..I just read Heart on a Chain and the guy in that book was name Henry as well...also swoon worthy

message 9: by Donna {Book Passion for Life} (last edited Dec 02, 2011 09:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Well you have to choose between Ty and Henry...both awesome! Ohhh I have that on my Kindle. So it was worth a read then? :)

message 8: by Shawna (last edited Dec 02, 2011 10:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shawna Donna {Book Passion for Life} wrote: "Well you have to choose between Ty and Henry...both awesome! Ohhh I have that on my Kindle. So it was worth a read then? :)"

It was so worth the read..in my personal opinion. You should bump it up the stack. I loved it. It was definitely an emotional book and some parts were hard to read but well worth it in my opinion.

I'm going to start catching jordan tonight...i will let you know who i choose.

Shawna Okay I had to let you know...Sam Henry is definitely swoon worthy...Love him

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Ha! Have you started already????

Shawna Donna {Book Passion for Life} wrote: "Ha! Have you started already????"

I started and finished already...I started it friday and finished it that night...I stayed up to to finish it LOL...

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Omg! You read quicker than me! Was you torn between Ty and Henry at first? I loved both but Henry soon stole the show. lol

Shawna Donna {Book Passion for Life} wrote: "Omg! You read quicker than me! Was you torn between Ty and Henry at first? I loved both but Henry soon stole the show. lol"

I don't think I was really torn between them even when the love triangle was dropped in my lap..I liked Ty..he is definitely hot..But Henry was just great from the very first page. So I didn't feel torn. I did get frustrated with him though due to his being scared of change but was so glad in the end..

Donna {Book Passion for Life} See the thing with me is....I didn't expect the love triangle. I didn't even think there was one until it happened, so I was shocked! lol.

What book are we reading next?? lol

message 1: by Shawna (last edited Dec 05, 2011 11:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shawna Donna {Book Passion for Life} wrote: "See the thing with me is....I didn't expect the love triangle. I didn't even think there was one until it happened, so I was shocked! lol.

What book are we reading next?? lol"

I don't know what book should we read next...LOL I think you really need to read Heart on a Chain. I am currently reading between the lines..this one will probably take me a little longer since I have to read around my work schedule :-(

However I am game for whatever book...I'm not picky