Soraya's Reviews > The Sky is Everywhere

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

Jun 10, 11

Read in June, 2011

At first glances, i thought the book would be just another typical boring girlie teenage bland, where the main character's primary concern is something shallow like how to look gorgeous enough to attract a bland but attractive boy she likes.
I was soooooooooooooooo wrong. I found it touching and funny. Lennie was really easy to relate to and although she is quite shy(like Bella Swann) she isnt boring(unlike Bella Swann)and i found her descriptions of events and feelings brutally honest for a YA novel and i found myself relating to and understanding what she did and why.
It dealt with teen romance in a really mature yet believable way - the descriptions were handled well and often including comedic moments to prevent it from becoming dull or too steamy!
I also really liked the cute little notes and poems from Lennie in every chapter as they made the characters seem very real.

All in all it was a really surprising, un-put-downable book and a sure favourite.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sky is Everywhere.