Jamaica's Reviews > Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive: 101 Inspirational Stories about Counting Your Blessings and Having a Positive Attitude

Chicken Soup for the Soul by Jack Canfield

Jun 10, 11

Read in April, 2011

This is truly a phenomenal book. I recommend it to everyone, old enough to read a book. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive has 101 Inspirational Stories about counting your blessings and having a positive attitude. This version is extremely appealing to me. I often try to keep a positive attitude, but I find that as I get older and experience more trauma in becomes more difficult. I started to read this around Feburary, then I abandoned it for a while. I started reading this again when my grandma was hospitalize the first week she arrived in America. She was diagnosed with a flesh eating bacteria, that ate almost half of her body. It was the biggest wake up call and the scariest moment in my life because I never experienced someone so close to me be in their death bed. There were so many commotions and stress, that I don't know who to run to anymore. I started failing my classes and loosing friends. So I found this book under my bed, and I never put it down. I brought it with me everywhere I went, and read at least 5 stories a day.
This book has nothing to do with love, sex or violence. It was more of a book full of story lessons people face each day and how we can over come the obstacles. My personal favorite would be chapter 5: Counting Your Blessings, because this made me realize no matter what happened to my grandma, I should look at the brighter side that I am lucky to have met a person who can change my life. Honestly, I think this is a great book for anyone who is struggling with life. Someone who may not want to talk to people about their feelings, but I think this book has the answers to all.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chicken Soup for the Soul.