Vanessa theJeepDiva's Reviews > What a Goddess Wants

What a Goddess Wants by Stephanie Julian

Jun 12, 11

bookshelves: 2011, autographed, fantasy, paranormal-romance, mythology
Read from June 10 to 11, 2011

Awesome start to a brand new series! Some of the Etruscan Goddesses are in trouble. They are being pursued by Charun, who has been forced to guard the Underworld and never leave his post. After a couple millennia he has decided he wants out. He’s willing to harm others to see that he gets his way. Charun is sending his demons after Thesan the Etruscan Goddess of the Dawn. If he absorbs enough powers from these forgotten Goddesses he can make his escape.

Tessa (Thesan) goes to a friend looking for advice, protection, and sanctuary, anything that can keep her alive. Salvatorus sends her to a mercenary Cimmerian warrior for protection. Tessa gets more than a protector out of Caligo. She gets a sexy Jeep driving man who wants to constantly worship her body in the sexiest ways. (I LOVE a sexy man in a Jeep) Cal can’t keep his hands off of Tessa, even though he has been burned in badly in the past by a Goddess. He experiences something with Tessa that he never has before. I loved their romance. Cal is scarred physically and emotionally. The alpha in him demands that he be dominant, yet he is so sweet to Tessa. Tessa has been replaced and forgotten, yet when all seems to be coming to a dire end she finds a man that makes her feel things she has not felt in a very long time. The readers are given plenty of action, romance, and hot steamy erotic sex. Thus this is an all around great book that I highly recommend to any steamy romance lover.

I loved that the author chose a Pantheon other than Greek and Roman to work into her story. That made this a very fresh read for me. Don’t get me wrong I love to see an author put a unique spin on mythology, but it just seems that after too many Artemiss’ they all start to blend together. There is an awesome group of characters in this book. I do hope I get to see more of Cal’s yummy brother Extasis (X) in the future books of this series. He has a dessert business, tell me you don’t want to know more about a super sexy man who creates fabulous desserts. I will be anxiously waiting for How to Worship a Goddess out in December of 2011.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What a Goddess Wants.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Vanessa, I'm so glad you enjoyed What A Goddess Wants! Thanks so much for a great review!