Francesca's Reviews > The Jinx on the Divide

The Jinx on the Divide by Elizabeth Kay

Aug 27, 11

Read on August 26, 2011 — I own a copy

Not quite as good as the first two, but I still love it. I found the frequent switching of view points a little frustrating although Kay timed them perfectly; switching to a character I was just beginning to get curious about and neatly linking their different paths together. Scenes such as the cabins in the mountains where, fortunately, everyone was right where Felix needed them to be, are a common occurence in this trilogy which can be a little annoying at times but I have to remind myself that they are in fact written for children and that these scenarios are perfect for that age group.
The humour was spot on, as usual, and the familiar faces were delightful as always. I didn't think much of Rhino as a character; I think Kay tried a bit too hard to make him fit but the Brandee was a breath of fresh air and the twists brought on by the jinx box were perfectly frustrating.
Even though I've read this book several times before, I still silently beg the characters not to make their inevitable mistakes and cheer on their successes. The last few chapters had me on edge and Kay found a neat conclusion to a beautiful trilogy that comfortably pushes the boundaries of children's fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Jinx on the Divide.