Gina's Reviews > A Whisper of Eternity

A Whisper of Eternity by Amanda Ashley

Mar 11, 2008

liked it
Read in June, 2007

I cannot recall ever reading an Amanda Ashley novel before, but it wasn't a bad book!

More of a contemporary romance/preternatual/paranormal kind of deal. There wasn't much to the plot, but the story was good. I thought Tracy was a wonderful character; strong, independent, doing what she wants to do. The way she falls for Dominic, without wanting to; understanding things she didn't want to know about - that didn't exist - it was great to see what her mind thought.

Dominic is a vampire, one who striked me as selfish in the beginnning. But then, honestly, have you met a vamp who isn't? My heart clenched when he decided that if Tracy wouldn't be his, he'd end his life. Mind you, she figured that out. Sure, it made a nice story, but it was a card that shouldn't have been played. It seemed like a "if I can't have you, no one can" kind of deal - something to make her change her mind. Although, after two thousand years, I could understand why; it still was a card that shouldn't have been played.

I thought the story was cute; I just wish there'd been a little more to the plot. The action in the story - while most of it was at the end - was well played out. I just thought Tracy should have been a little more pissed at the end. When you read it, you'll understand what I mean. I'd have been pissed - not necessarily at Dominic per se, just at the situation in general. She took it way to easy for my taste. Still, not a bad romance novel. I'd recommend it for those who like straight romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Whisper of Eternity.