Meg - A Bookish Affair's Reviews > 13 Little Blue Envelopes

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

Dec 30, 11

bookshelves: 2011, fiction, young-adult
Read in December, 2011

Who wouldn't want to go on a surprising adventure through Europe as a teen? I'd love that now as an adult! Ginny goes to Europe to follow a chain of letters sent to her by her aunt who passed away. Ginny starts out the book as a really shy person but she begins to find herself and to put herself out there a little bit more.

I loved this book! The characters are a lot of fun. I don't feel like you got to know very much about Ginny though, which was okay for this sort of book. One thing that sort of annoyed me (and this annoys me about a lot of young adult books) is that Ginny seemingly does not have any parents. I know that at 17, my parents would have never let me go to Europe by myself without being able to contact them at all (per her late Aunt's instructions).

That being said, there are a lot of details that I would have liked to know about the characters and their world but this book is still enjoyable without that. Just don't expect too much! This book is fun but not one to take too seriously.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 13 Little Blue Envelopes.