Book Angel Emma's Reviews > The Vampire Hunters

The Vampire Hunters by Pete Johnson

Jun 10, 11

Read in June, 2011

More of a charasmatic half vamp than Nigel Mullet. Some intersting points.

I couldn't help comparing this book to The Diary of a Wimpy Vampire, however Marcus is a far more charismatic half-vampire than Nigel Mullet. Although this is the second book in the series it does well as a stand alone. I haven't been able to read the first book The Vampire Blog I have to say that it didn't affect my enjoyment of this one at all. There are nice recaps of events from the first book give all the required information to progress the current storyline smoothly.

I found the fact that Marcus had a blog that nobody could actually see slightly confusing why not just have a diary. The plot is entertaining and the characters well developed. The divide between full vampires and half vampires provide an additional element to the plot. There are enough twists and turns to make the story unpredictable and compelling.

I did find Tallulah exceptionally annoying and occasionally rude. Her misdirection regarding vampires and her determination to uncover the truth no matter the cost to other people made her selfish and self-centred in my eyes. However, as the story unfolded certain revelations provided insight into Tallulah's motivation and altered my opinion of her greatly.

The introduction of a female half-vampire the same age as Marcus (sorry I am unable to recall her name at present) provided a nice balance to Tallulah and a much needed confidant for Marcus. Although concerns of a love triangle linger at the back of my mind.

The ending provided a nice conclusion to the book while leaving plenty of scope to develop the story further in future.

A really nice addition to the vampire genre geared to the Middle Grade age range. A perfect addition to the school library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Hunters.