Jaki 's Reviews > Eat Slay Love

Eat Slay Love by Jesse Petersen

Jun 10, 2011

Read from June 12 to 14, 2011

I knew nothing about Jesse Petersen, nor had I ever heard of this book. I didn’t know her style, what she wrote about, or anything else she had written.

Ten pages into Eat Slay Love and I was absolutely kicking myself that I had not discovered her earlier. What the heck had I been doing that I was completely oblivious to this funny, witty, absolutely delightful series about a married couple living through the zombie apocolypse?? This is the third book in the Living with the Dead series, and as soon as I had finished it, I was on the phone to my local bookstore ordering the first two. The remarkable thing is that while this is the third about David and Sarah, I had no troubles at all following it. I wasn’t confused or lost, not having read the first two. You can definitely read this without having read the others.

Sarah would probably be my favourite kick-ass heroine to date. Seriously. She has no special powers, no superstrength and she doesn’t talk to ghosts – but by god, she can kick zombie ass when she needs to.

David and Sarah are my new heroes. I just adored them. And here we’ve got a bit of romance, but there’s no love triangle between the lead heroine and two broody alpha males – they’re married! I can’t tell you how refreshing that was! Snarky, sarcastic, funny….honestly I can’t say enough good things about this series. The characterization is absolutely spot-on. I actually laughed out loud in quite a few places. Seeing the zombie apocolyptic world through Sarah’s eyes almost had me hoping for the real thing – cos believe me, I’d be trying to channel Sarah if it happens!!!

This is a book I will award 5 out of 5 to, and that’s rare. It’s only happened to me a couple of times this year so far – I’ve read a lot of fantastic books, but to go all out and give it the Big 5 Stars doesn’t happen very often at all. But this book….oh peoples, go out and BUY it…NOW!

If you love zombies, if you love strong tough independant and FUNNY heroines, if you’re tired of the same ol’ same ol’ kick-ass heroine with the issues and baggage and having to decide between two alpha males…you are going to LOVE this series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat Slay Love.

message 1: by Shazza (new)

Shazza Maddog The fact that their names are David and Sarah are making me laugh rather hard.

Jaki Shazza wrote: "The fact that their names are David and Sarah are making me laugh rather hard."

cos they are normal non-kickassheroine type names? or..?

message 3: by Shazza (new)

Shazza Maddog David Boreanaz and Sarah Michelle Geller? Names ring a bell? XD

Jaki Shazza wrote: "David Boreanaz and Sarah Michelle Geller? Names ring a bell? XD"

oooooooooooooooooo *thud* i totally did NOT get that. *laughs*

message 5: by Shazza (new)

Shazza Maddog :D :D :D