Lisa Kay's Reviews > Vengeance in Death

Vengeance in Death by J.D. Robb

★★★★★ J.D. Robb (AKA Nora Roberts) should get some kind of award for creating a married couple whose relationship remains H.O.T. Yup. Roarke and Eve still have it. Loved the suspense in this futuristic police procedural, too. I’ve said it before, but Susan Ericksen was born to narrate this series; she outdoes herself again and just keeps getting better.

In Vengeance in Death, the sixth in the In Death series, we get to see into Roarke’s past. And the Irish billionaire has one, filled with painful memories. For those of you looking for books that take place in Ireland, Eve and Roarke zip over there in an effort to solve this interesting murder mystery. JDR paints a fascinating picture of a futuristic Emerald Isle and downtown Dublin, with interesting characters.

This one also introduces pretty-boy, Ian McNab, who has a flare (or at least love) for fashion and colorful clothes. He arrives to help trace the location on jammed communications NYPSD Lieutenant Eve Dallas is getting. Is something happening between him and the dependable Detective Delia Peabody?

All in all a good read – or listen!
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vengeance in Death.

Quotes Lisa Kay Liked

“An eye for an eye.”

“That's a revenge thing, right? From some play.”

“The Bible, darling. The Lord of all plays.”

J.D. Robb
“She was singed, bleeding, bruised, and furiously alive.”

J.D. Robb
“I want you to take note, Commander, that turning in my badge would be like cutting off my arm. But if it comes down to a choice between the job and my marriage, then I lose the arm.”

“[First line]

“The business of murder took time, patience, skill, and a tolerance for the monotonous.”

“That’s a ‘Fuck Me’ car and you know it.” ~ Dallas

“Well, yeah. Maybe. But it’s got to be fast.” ~ Peabody”

J.D. Robb
“She doesn’t like you, McNab.

“I knoooow. I find that really attractive in a woman.”