Carolina's Reviews > The Darkest Kiss

The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter

Jun 21, 11

liked it
bookshelves: beautiful-cover, demons, erotic-romance, hot-male-character, mythology, steamy-scenes, pnr, read-2011, adult-fiction
Read from June 09 to 21, 2011

3 stars. Sad. I reaaally hope the next books are more exciting. Don't get me wrong. This book is good, at least the 2nd half LOL.

1st half was boring and annoying. For me, at least.
Lucien and Anya's back-and-forth was really getting on my nerves.
"I desire her, but get away! Oh, she has left? Where could she be? Come back again, please! She's back. I gotta keep my distance!"
C'mon Lucien! Make up your mind already, damn it!

Also at first, Anya seemed vain, whiny and really childish. With time, she proved to be pretty kickass, and I liked the fact that she wouldn't let anyone boss her around.

Luckily, after the halfway mark, things got lighter, funnier and more exciting. It was pretty quick and easy to read. Loved how their relationship started building up from that point and the ending! Love HEA's! =D

So, now I'm eager to know WTF is happening with Aeron, Reyes and Danika =D And I also hope for MORE Lords tidbits!

SOME FAVE QUOTES

“I am Lucien, not Lucy.”
“I’m William, but you can call me Sexy. Everyone does.”
- William was awesome regardless everything...

The women giggled. Ugh. Giggling. That disgusted Anya. She might talk like a sorority girl, but she would never lower herself to giggling like one. - 2 points in her favor.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Kiss.

Taryn at My Secret Romance How do you like this series so far? I thought it was slow at first but then I began to really like it.

Carolina Same. Beginnings are kinda slow. I'm kinda dragging myself to read a chapter or two a day 'cuz of that =P But hopefully they'll build up the action soon.

Taryn at My Secret Romance I should say that I meant the books get better and better. Not that book. LOL, I didn't like that one.

Carolina Oh well. Let's see how they unfold. They're all meant to be "interesting" at least. Tortured souls on their way to be saved. My only fear is that the stories start getting totally predictable and I hate when that happens. I expect at least some good twists.

Katherine Hey twin, I've read until #6 so far, I guess. And just a little FYI, it doesn't get boring, or predictable. I'm always blown away by Gena's books.
Hope this gives you a little fuel to carry on! lol
Xoxo

Carolina Weeeell... to be honest, I almost gave up with this book. First half was inconceivably BAD. I kinda hated myself a little for forcing myself to keep reading. Yep, that bad. But thank the heavens, when I got halfway things started flowing much lighter and funnier.

Katherine To tell you the truth, I really like Lucien's story.
Anya was getting on my nerves at Maddox's books, but I kinda started to like her. She's crazy-ass funny!
But hey, I'm happy that you liked at least something ;)

Carolina I had fun with her brief appearances on Maddox book but at the beginning of this one she seemed VERY childish; her little "dancing and teasing" act with Lucien was desperate in a whore-ish way lol.

BUT Lucien reeeeeaaallly got on my nerves. "Come back, I miss you. No, go away! I gotta kill you, but I'm starving for a kiss. No! She must have kissed thousands. Argh, I'm jealous, but better this way. We can't be together. Does she like me? Of course not, I'm ugly! I must have her!" I was like WTFFF!!! MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY!!! lol

The ending was so sweet though =D and you were right, she's pretty kickass.

Shellbelle You should def continue on with the series, it gets better and better, and the characters get more and more interesting! Gideon (keeper of lies) is my fav. so far:D

Carolina I will! They're very interesting, but I hate slow beginnings :S I just hope they're not all like that.

message 11: by Katherine (last edited Jun 22, 2011 10:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katherine Thing is twin, They have, uh, a demon inside them. LOL
That's why they are so indecisive. The worst I guess is Sabin. His demon is a pain in the ass.

And OMG, Shell, Gideon is so FUN!!!!

And I loved the dance/tease. Well, Anya IS a cock-tease. Can you blame her?

Carolina Nuh-uh! Don't blame the demon, LOL. Death was pretty clear on what he wanted: Escorting souls and Anya.
It was Lucien the one pulling all the stops!

message 13: by Shellbelle (last edited Jun 22, 2011 11:11AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shellbelle Ryese's story is next I think...and I think you'll like him:D

Carolina I'm SO looking forward to his. Healing his Pain =D Sounds so romantic, LOL!

Katherine Carolina ~Dheadly Lhust~ wrote: "Nuh-uh! Don't blame the demon, LOL. Death was pretty clear on what he wanted: Escorting souls and Anya.
It was Lucien the one pulling all the stops!"

Someone needed to be the one against lol
Forget about Lucien then, and get only his demon lol

message 16: by Katherine (last edited Jun 22, 2011 08:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katherine Shellbelle wrote: "Ryese's story is next I think...and I think you'll like him:D"

I have that bathroom scene in my mind. I just can't erase it. It's burned in my brain.

Katherine Carolina ~Dheadly Lhust~ wrote: "I'm SO looking forward to his. Healing his Pain =D Sounds so romantic, LOL!"

Maybe healing... maybe causing... You never know. ;)

Shellbelle I don't remember the bathroom scene Dyllan! was it with Reyes and Danika?

Katherine Shellbelle wrote: "I don't remember the bathroom scene Dyllan! was it with Reyes and Danika?"

Totally!!

I'll put a spoiler just to tease my twin... (Don't read twin!!!!) (view spoiler)

Shellbelle Ohhhhh I totally remember that now! It's been awhile since I have read it, and after the reminder I'm thinking I need to track that scene down!grrrrrr ;P

Katherine Shellbelle wrote: "Ohhhhh I totally remember that now! It's been awhile since I have read it, and after the reminder I'm thinking I need to track that scene down!grrrrrr ;P"

I knew your dirty mind would remember after that quick... Nudge ;)

Carolina Dang it!! I wanna read that spoiler!! =( Stop teasing me!! Meanies! LOL

Katherine Omg!!! It's a just soooooooooooo good spoiler... But DO NOT read it!!

*evil laugh*

Carolina STOP IT!!! =( It's killing me not to read it LOL. I think I'll just hurry picking up the book XD

Katherine Chop Chop girl!!

Carolina You'll see. I'll find a way to spoil you a book *muahahaha* =P

Shellbelle And you say I'm bad Dyllan! You are torturing the poor girl!lol Carolina the quicker you read it the sooner you will know all about the spoiler;P

Carolina Don't have to tell me twice! I'm so tempted :(