Rain Misoa's Reviews > Fruits Basket, Volume 03

Fruits Basket, Volume 03 by Natsuki Takaya

Jun 10, 11

bookshelves: manga
Recommended to Rain by: Nicole Terazue
Recommended for: EVERYONE! No really... everyone. I'm not even going to say shoujo lovers.
Read from June 09 to 10, 2011, read count: 1

*Flails* OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! HARU WAS IN THIS VOLUME AND IT EXCITES ME SOOOOOOO MUCH TO SEE HIM IN ACTION!!!! HOW I LOVE THIS MAN! BOY! COW! WHATEVER! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!! *Piano falls on head* Oof! @_@ ...thanks. I needed that. I got a bit too fangirly there... heh? *Ahem* Anyway, as you probably already know... I love this volume of Fruits Basket. Mostly for Haru but also because more things were revealed. Seriously, it's painful seeing how slow things get reveled in this manga but that's what makes it so good! You want to KEEP READING until the end so that way you'll be able to find out! Why do you think I've been reading them back-to-back? Because I am dying to know what's going to happen next!

I really enjoyed Takaya-sensei's humor in this volume. I mean, her humor in all the volumes is just hilarious but in this one it really just shot to the roof! I know I've said this before but I love her comments throughout the story. She's always breaking the fourth wall and I really do love seeing that. I don't think I've talked about her artwork before but I must say it's very nice. It's not the most gorgeous I've seen but I think that's what adds to the charm of it. Her art style is so simple and cute and I enjoy that so much. However, she does draw people beautifully. The way she drew Kyo in that one scene where he smiles brightly... I nearly died. He was THAT gorgeous! I was close to losing my head because I wanted to go into the manga and squeeze him to death! Or at least until he started purring~ XD

Speaking of characters... OH MY GOD!!! DID YOU SEE HOW AWESOME HARU WAS IN THIS VOLUME BECAUSE I DID AND I JUST WENT ALL MAD FOR HIM BECAUSE HE IS BEYOND SEXY AND CUTE AND WAH!!! IT PLEASES ME TO SEE HIM BE SO GUTSY! HE INSPIRES ME TO BE MORE OUT THERE! HOW CAN ANYONE NOT LOVE HIM!? ILOVEYOUHARUPLEASEMARRYMEYOUSICKFREAK!!! *Anvil falls on head* Oof... okay... @_@ ...I'm back. Well, yes. I do think Haru is a fracking awesome character!!! <--- My failed attempt at not cursing. Haru is crazy! No really... he's crazy. Split personality and whatnot. He's so sweet when "White" then so twisted when "Black," it's amusing! Personally, I like him better when he's "Black" but that's only because he's so kickass! So... I can't even properly say how much I love Haru. My words will not show how badass he is. And this is nothing. He gets even more badass as time goes on, i.e. future volumes. Seriously, read this manga so you can see how amazing this character is.

Okay... I ranted about Haru and he's not even the main character so my review is a bit out of order this time around but... I can't help it... we'll get back on track now. Okay... let's see... Tohru is still awesome/sweet/cute. Her ability to accept everyone is out of this world. I don't know how she does it but she does. Yuki reveals more about himself towards the end which is nice. Kyo... awwwwww!!! My baby Kyo! He's going through such a rough time. I want to give him big hug!!! Wait... didn't I say that already? O_o Anyhow, you might be a bit confused as to the way he acts towards something but it's simple enough to figure out that your head won't hurt much. We get introduced to a new character and she's... weird. XD I like her! Okami-san is just funny. I love how she over-reacts to EVERYTHING!!! Momiji... so adorable! Though we still don't know much about him in this volume, you get to see that he has a very keen insight. A character that we do get to see more of that we haven't really known is Shigure! Finally, right? I do love him but... there's something about him... something he's planning that we do not get to know until WAAAAAAAAAAAAY later on in the series. ACK!!! It's driving me insane not knowing what is going on! I need to read more to better understand him because I refuse to believe he's really bad. I know he's doing some questionable things but... there must be a reason to it, right? Hatori makes a cameo! Talking to Shigure and if he's not his enemy then... neither will I be! Oh, and fuck Akito. <--- Failed at keeping review clean. So we don't know him per say but... I just really can't stand him. -_-" Whatever... I'll try not to hate him too much... no promises.

Yeah... I ranted a lot in this review. I'm sorry for that... not the ranting just that I couldn't structure this into a better review! XD It's difficult writing a review for a series you love so much about characters you love so much. It's nearly impossible. For me, completely impossible but you know what I mean. XP I tried. I know for a fact my future reviews for this series is not going to get any better so... you've been warned. Just save yourself the trouble and go read this manga! It is worth your time and effort and love and money! However, I feel that I must warn you. This is published by Tokyopop and since, I'm sure you know, it's out of business, you should probably get your hands on it soon before it's OOP. I know that's what I'm going to do the moment I gets me my money (Parents buying it for me, in case you wondered). Go buy it now! It needs to be on every manga lover's bookshelf!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fruits Basket, Volume 03.

06/09/2011 page 1
1.0% "Wah! Kyo's on the cover! I'm so happy!!! Also, this is the volume where we get to see more of Haru! *Squees* I love Haru sooooooo much! He's just so smexy~ *Flails* Yes, I am a total fangirl when it comes to him... and Kyo... and Hatori... and Rin... but she comes later! XD Anyway! Off I go to read! *Twirls*"
06/09/2011 page 10
5.0% "PFFFFFFFFFFTTTT!!! Such a sexy move... and then he blows it with the bike... well, blows it for those girls! I think he's still hot after that! XD"
06/10/2011 page 19
10.0% "Yeah, I get is Takaya-sensei~ He's a cute kitty who needs some love! XD *Got the wrong message but doesn't care* I love how gung-ho Kyo becomes whenever there's a fight or competition to be won! X3"
06/10/2011 page 30
16.0% "Haru, what are you doing breaking the fourth wall? X3 Hanajima is great. I love how she was like, "There's no way I'm running." XD Well, I don't blame her. I would have done the same thing. >_> The teacher's reaction is hilarious, though! XD"
06/10/2011 page 38
20.0% "Haru has a split personality... that's got to be the reason. XP And I can't believe he... well... plays for both teams... that just makes him more awesome in my book. And dude! He's got balls to say he'll do that to Tohru in front of Kyo. I know it was a bluff but still! XD He's going to get his head smashed in by the little kitty~ And it's soooo going to be funny! XD I still love you Haru!!! <3"
06/10/2011 page 55
29.0% "*Giggles* Moo~ I love him! And... *Drools* Naked Haru is the smex~~~ Shigure... don't ever stop being a perv. XD"
06/10/2011 page 68
36.0% "Haru says it so casually. I love his guts! XD Yuki... I wonder what'll happen to you if you actually... you know~ *Smirks* That smile that Haru wore! Wah! Cute!!! Hatori! Hello there! How adorable you look! I know you get worked to death but at least it's not... so... bad...? *Shrugs* O_o"
06/10/2011 page 98
52.0% "Wait... I forgot all that happened between Kyo and Yuki. I'm just a tad bit confused as to why he acted that way but... I have my suspisions and they tell me lo--*Gets smashed in the head with Kyo-kun's kick* N-Nevermind... I'll tell you later... @_@"
06/10/2011 page 123
65.0% "Am I the only one confused here? Because I'm really confused! I don't get what Hatori and Shigure are talking about. I don't understand who Shigure is doing all this for. And I don't get why all the Sohmas feel they must be with Akito! He's a jerk! Bah! What in the hell is going on? *Flails* I must know!!! >_<"
06/10/2011 page 130
68.0% "Really, Shigure... what's your deal? I know you're not a bad person but... there's something about you... something you're hiding that makes you come across as a bad person... as to what that may be... I'm not sure but... I'm determined to find out! *Nods*"
06/10/2011 page 160
84.0% "The traveler is so good... so nice. ^_^ Momiji, for a kid, really is intelligent. I love this boy. Also, did anyone else squealed when they saw that smile on Kyo's face? I don't call people this often but... he truly is... beautiful. *Smiles*"
06/10/2011 page 168
88.0% "Oh, Okami-san... you're still as lively as ever... your son is no different. XD (But we'll see him later. XD)"
06/10/2011 page 190
100.0% "Yay! More Sohmas joining school! I like seeing them interact on a daily basis so this is going to be a lot of fun! Also... this reminds me... I should really get started on my own school work... why am I reading manga when I have a shitload of homework to do!? >_<"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by N.T. Embe (new)

N.T. Embe [Against GR Censorship] ;~; That story of the traveler is SO SAD! DX< POOR WITTLE TOHRU! *HUGGLES HER TO DEATHHHH*

And guys, Haru really IS that awesome. X3 Rain's NOT exaggerating. <3 P.S. Intro scene with Haru... and the bike? Yeah. Totally sexy. >XDDDDD In fact I gave him more love BECAUSE he had the confidence to LOOK that way even with what he was on! XD <333

Rain Misoa ISN'T HE!? I COMPLETELY DIED BECAUSE HE MADE RIDING ON A BIKE LOOK SEXY! AND I HATE BIKES!!! ...bad memories of them... BUT HE TOTALLY CHANGED MY MIND WHEN HE WAS BEING JUST SO BLOODY HOT! HE IS BLOODY HOT! GOD I WANT TO SEDUCE HIM! OR RATHER HAVE HIM SEDUCE ME! XDDDDDDDDDDD

message 3: by N.T. Embe (new)

N.T. Embe [Against GR Censorship] XD ...you'll have to get through a certain... *COUGH* ...barrier first. *Hinthint to future volumes and a certain someone who he has interest in*

...and I think she might kill you outright if you try, Rain. XD I ain't voting for you to win if you put this upon yourself~~~~ <3

Rain Misoa Hey, I'm not pathetic! You seem to forget but I ruled at fights back in my old school! I ain't no pushover! Don't confuse me for weak just because of my size! Size isn't everything! Besides, I don't plan on taking him off her. I don't like stealing boyfriends~ Except from those who deserves it and she doesn't deserve it. I just fangirl over him because he's epic! XD

message 5: by N.T. Embe (new)

N.T. Embe [Against GR Censorship] X3 Oh I know all that. And as long as you ain't stealin' nobodies boifran'~~~ This will NOT turn into a bloodbath then. XD <3 That's aaaall I wanted to avoid. <333 Feel free to continue with your fangirling, mon ami! >XDDDD

Rain Misoa X333333 Although... it would be fun to engage her in battle. Just for kicks! XD But no. I will not steal her man~ If I fight her, it'll be because we clash like I do with everyone else I come into contact with! X3

message 7: by N.T. Embe (new)

N.T. Embe [Against GR Censorship] Which I have absolutely no problem with. X3 You clash with people for honest and usually good reasons. :3 <3

Rain Misoa It's how awesome I am~ XD

message 9: by N.T. Embe (new)

N.T. Embe [Against GR Censorship] Yes! <3