Josh's Reviews > Miami Purity

Miami Purity by Vicki Hendricks

Jul 22, 11

bookshelves: kindle, own, read_2011
Read from July 21 to 23, 2011

Sherri Parlay just wants to turn her life around, hitting mid thirties she's had enough of taking her clothes off at a strip club for a living and wants something a little less risky and little more 9 to 5. That's how she ends up at Miami Purity, a family owned dry cleaning business headed up by a mother son combo. The son, Payne, in particular, is all the drive she needs to leave the life behind and start afresh and in no time at all she's up to her neck in garments, Payne and normalcy. Being a Vicki Hendricks novel this doesn't last as Sherri's other brain (not dissimilar to the one blokes have) leads her back to her former haunts and party girl ways. Somehow, Hendricks, makes accidental murder seem OK - as each body feel I thought to myself 'well sure I could see how easily that could happen' - the noir in this is that no murder is accident, and Sherri herself is cool, calm and calculated in the quest to achieve what she so desires. The Foreword by Ken Bruen and Afterword by Megan Abbott were nice editions and added a little something retrospectively to the think tank - 4 stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miami Purity.