Kt's Reviews > Hunt the Moon

Hunt the Moon by Karen Chance

Jul 29, 14

bookshelves: covers-to-buy, hardcopy
Read in June, 2011

In the previous book, Cassie did the impossible by defeating a god bent on destroying everyone. Yet no one seems to want to give her the respect she deserves. In fact, the opposite is true in that almost everyone is trying to find a way to kill her. She spends her days dodging assassination attempts as well as trying to get a handle on her abilities as Pythia. Meanwhile things are confusing as ever when it comes to Mircea and what really is between them. Things take a turn for the worse when one of those assassination attempts it close to home as they try to take her mother out before Cassie is even born. She'll need a whole lot more than luck to make it out of this mess alive.

The triangle between Cassie, Pritkin, and Mircea became much more prevalent in these books. What makes the situation different is that Cassie doesn't quite realize her real feelings for Pritkin, so you don't have the typical angst issues found in most triangles. I am honestly not sure who I am rooting for at this point as both men are good for her in their own way. The chemistry between Mircea and Cassie is incredible and he has always been the only one to give her any stability in her entire life. However, when you take a step back and look at things he technically trapped her into the relationship. Mircea is used to getting his way, and life with him would be a constant battle of wills despite her love for him. He will do something that will turn me off of him, but then turn around and show some vulnerability in the next moment that draws me right back in. Pritkin on the other hand comes with his own mess of troubles due to his heritage and nature. I'm not even sure a relationship could even be possible between them, but if they could make it work it would be more than worth it in the end. Pritkin is so fiercely loyal and never tries to undermine her authority. It is completely obvious just how much he cares even if he doesn't feel he deserves her. She has a hard road of choices ahead of her with no easy answer, and I cannot wait to see where things go.

Hunt the Moon was in many ways a book about character growth as it was plot progression. There were countless revelations about different character's histories, giving us a good incite into how those events shaped then. Also by revealing those personal bits to Cassie, she was able to open up her heart to them even more. Cassie herself learns some pretty interesting things about her own heritage, but you will just have to read Hunt the Moon to find out what those revelations were.

Cassie sure takes a lot of lickings but always seems to find a way to keep on ticking. The odds against her are incredible and a lessor person would have long crumbed under the pressure. You would think that after five books the constant threats would start to feel a little stale, but that definitely is not the case in Hunt the Moon. Karen Chance does a phenomenal job at keeping the books both fresh and action packed. Each new book shows new revelations and only sucks me in further. Fans of the series cannot possibly be disappointed in this latest installment, and I am already looking to the next book. Hopefully the wait won't be two long as I cannot a it for my next Pritkin and Mircea fix. Major kudos to Ms. Chance!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunt the Moon.

Quotes Kt Liked

Karen Chance
“I’d have been dead a long time ago if not for my friends, one of whom had just jumped off the cliff after me.
I’d have been a lot more appreciative if he hadn’t pushed me first." ~Cassandra Palmer”

Karen Chance
“Pritkin and Mircea mixed like oil and water, only not so well.”

Karen Chance
“Think you can maybe not die for five minutes?"
"I'll try,"I told him seriously.
"You know, if anyone else said that, it would be funny.”

Karen Chance
“You know, dulceata, there are times when I truly believe you are the most frightening person I know.
Thank you?”

Karen Chance
“A legend is merely a history man decided to bugger.”
tags: humor