Jeanette "Astute Crabbist"'s Reviews > Wild Fire

Wild Fire by Nelson DeMille

Mar 11, 08

bookshelves: suspense-thriller, all-fiction
Read in March, 2008

Nelson DeMille reminds me a bit of Robert Ludlum in that he takes a really long time to tell the story. It's not that he's boring, he just does a lot of research and includes a lot of information for the sake of authenticity.
The John Corey character is kind of like Hawkeye Pierce from M*A*S*H. He's hilarious as a fictional character, but you'd probably hate him if you had to deal with him in person. He's a smarta$$ extraordinaire. He gets almost all the good lines in this book, which has a lot of great snappy dialogue.
This book is about a secret club of "elites" from various walks of life who have taken it upon themselves to decide when and how we're going to permanently eliminate Islamic terrorism from the planet. Their methods are extreme, and it's up to John Corey and his wife to figure out what they're doing and stop them before it's too late.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Fire.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Robin The story line is good but I just never got hooked. I had no problem putting it down, which is why it took so long to finish. There are other authors who write story lines like this that are better.

Jeanette  "Astute Crabbist" I've enjoyed a few of his books, but I think I've run out of patience with him. I recently tried to read his new one, The Gate House, and I was bored silly. He does have a good imagination, though.