Daniel's Reviews > 90 Miles to Freedom

90 Miles to Freedom by K.C. Hilton

Jun 09, 2011

ARC - Wow! This is definitly my kind of read. At the end of the fourth chapter I was literally screaming (in my head) "What the heck are you doing? You cant' do that!" It got my attention that's for sure!

Collin's secret, in my opinion, can easily be compared to secrets other people have and keep hidden from their families. Examples: Being a drug dealer or a thief. Collin's secret was different than the normal and it threw me for a loop. I commend Hilton for her research. It was very informative and made me think a little differently about certain things.

The story revolves around Collin and his family, living in Key West, Florida. The description of his home and family were wonderful. I enjoyed his parents George and Betty, they were quite the happy/funny couple. At times I felt bad for his brother Joey and his finance Morgan, but they stood their ground and made good points. I could relate to one particular character (I won't say who) because of his escape, because I always felt like I was running away from something in my life.

When a person has 'skeletons in the closet' they always comes back to bite them, either getting caught or something... And 'something' is what happened in this story. (I won't spoil it).

The chain of events that happen because of Collin's secret kept me intrigued and held my attention. The story really gets interesting when it all comes out. And as my girlfriend is always saying, "OMG!" And there's always a bad guy isn't there?

I was so drawn into the story, that when something urgent happened, I would think to myself, "How would I react in that situation?" I have to admit my emotions got the better of me towards the end of the story. I'm a guy, so I won't say too much about that part, but I will say it 'got' to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 90 Miles to Freedom.