Kerri's Reviews > Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me

Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me by Chelsea Handler

Jun 22, 11

Read from June 09 to 21, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I didn't like this book as much as Chelsea Handler's other books. I did like hearing from Chelsea's friends and families, and it was cool in the audio book that they each read their own submissions. However, Chelsea's were read by Sarah Colona, who I like, but it was annoying it wasn't Chelsea reading her own writing. And, Chelsea is domineering and self-centered with little care for the feelings of others. I get the messing with her friends and family, and that they all have relationships with her that include pranks, but her lewd and condescending comments and behavior towards waitstaff, bellhops, housekeepers, etc. is nothing but offensive. I was a pretty big fan before this book, but now I'm on the fence.

All the people in the books who wrote essays mentioned Chelsea's big heart, loyalty and generosity, but only as how it applied to her friends; it sure doesn't seem to apply to strangers. I admit to laughing at most of the stuff she's pulled, but the backtalk to strangers I just find juvenile and insulting. She's pretty funny now, but it might not be so cute when her looks and youth are gone.

It's not like I thought I was going to hang out with Chelsea in person, but if I spend my money on someone's books and my time on their tv show, I'd like to at least admire/enjoy the person. I have tickets to Chelsea's stand up show this weekend, so I am looking forward to that, and maybe in person some of that kind-heartedness will show through.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me.