Kelli Lee's Reviews > Hounded

Hounded by Kevin Hearne

Jul 03, 11

bookshelves: magic-abound, frolicking-faeries, urban-fantasy, witches-warlocks-druids-oh-my
Recommended for: Dresden File fans, Secret Histories,
Read from July 01 to 02, 2011

Atticus & Oberon, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

I really loved this book. It is the very definition of unputdownable! Atticus rocks. Oberon (his loyal Irish Wolfhound companion) is beyond adorable. And as for the rest of the characters, they were quirky and fun and likable and I'll stop while I'm ahead.

Supernatural beings galore populate Hounded. From gods to demons to druids to witches to vessels to fae. For me, someone who is easily bored - reading ADD - I couldn't've been happier.

And as far as romance, it's romance-light, flirting is about as far as it's described. There is, however, the greatest pillow talk scene in the history of books, IMHO.

funny, check.
actiony, check.
Sexy, manly, likable protagonist, check.
great characters, check.
fun, check.
fast-paced, check.
plot, check. (I had to put this in because apparently it's not necessary anymore for many of the other books out there.)

Yep, I have absolutely zero negatives about Hounded.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hounded.

07/02/2011 page 47
16.0% "I feel like I'm immersed in Rosetta Stone - Celtic edition. I find myself strangely studying the Celtic names and places in the index section of book and repeating them aloud. Yep, i'm one of "those", who must know how to correctly pronounce names. I can already tell I'm into Hounded because I care!"
07/02/2011 page 47
16.0% "Now that's what I call pillow talk!"
07/02/2011 page 157
54.0% "Not normally attracted to ginge men (more a Jericho Barrons girl), but I will most definitely make an exception for Atticus! And what is it with hot men owning book type stores? So not happening in my neck of the woods."