◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj 's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Dec 28, 11

bookshelves: covers-to-die-for, own, favorites, books-i-fell-hard-for, kickass-protagonists
Read from December 25 to 28, 2011

Ok, honestly, I was planning on taking my time and writing this long, kick-ass review over Clockwork Prince with spoilers because I just HAD to let out my feelings, but I don't think that will be possible. I'm not the best reviewer (I don't enjoy writing as much as reading) but going over the events of the book will just make me more emotional than I already am. So this review will just be me rambling on about stuff (with no spoilers), but I hope you get something out of it.

The plot - Epicness to the MAX. Cassandra Clare can never disappoint me. I especially loved the second half of the book. GAH.

The betrayer - I had already figured out who the betrayer was right away, but I didn't mind that it was predictable. It did lead to some other shocking discoveries.

The romance - I swear, Cassandra Clare is bound to give me a heart attack one day. This love triangle is one of the most CRUELEST ones ever. No, I did not hate it, but with the way things are going, how do you expect a happy ending? My heart hurts so bad.

The action - These automaton things are so scary, but they no doubt provide some great action. I'm glad I never have to cross one (yet...>.> <.<).

Tessa - I LOVE HER. So much. I was mad at her for that certain decision she had made near the end (If you've read the book you know what I'm talking about) but it wasn't her fault. She was just trying to make the right decision. If anything, it made me like her more. Honestly if I were her, I'd never be able to decide something like that.

Jem - OH GOSH this man is so hot. He's just - UGH - the perfect guy. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. I can't lie.

Magnus Bane - One of my favourite characters of ALL TIME. He was awesome, as usual. But my favourite part is that scene with him and Will in a certain situation...*DIRTY THOUGHTS, DIRTY THOUGHTS!*

Charlotte - As usual, she proved that she is truly awesome and that NO ONE should mess with her.

Henry - He may seem a little air headed, but he's such a sweetie.

Sophie - I loved how she became Tessa's best friend - I would love to have a friend like Sophie! A loyal friend who you can always count on. Plus, she surprised me quite a few times with her actions (in a good way!).

And last, but definitely not the least, Will - ...I have no words for him. Really. If I say anything, it will probably be a spoiler. But I'll just say this - If you haven't read Clockwork Prince yet and don't like Will, you will change your mind after reading it. And if you don't, then YOU HAVE NO HEART. DON'T TALK TO ME! (Joking, I don't mean that. But really.)

To better explain my feelings right now, I'll use some gifs:

One minute I’m bawling my eyes out.

The next, laughing out loud like an idiot.

Theeeeen I go back to crying.

Why? Why must you torture us like this Cassandra Clare?! I ASK YOU, WHY?!

That is all. I'll resume my sulking in the bathroom now. *crawls away*.
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

Quotes ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj Liked

Cassandra Clare
“They’re not hideous,” said Tessa.
Will blinked at her. “What?”
“Gideon and Gabriel,” said Tessa. “They’re really quite good-looking, not hideous at all.”
“I spoke,” said Will, in sepulchral tones, “of the pitch-black inner depths of their souls.”
Tessa snorted. “And what color do you suppose the inner depths of your soul are, Will Herondale?”
“Mauve,” said Will.”

Cassandra Clare
“You’re seventeen,” Magnus said. “You can’t have wasted a life you’ve barely lived.”

Cassandra Clare
“Will’s voice dropped. “Everyone makes mistakes, Jem.”
“Yes,” said Jem. “You just make more of them than most people.”
“I —”
“You hurt everyone,” said Jem. “Everyone whose life you touch.”
“Not you,” Will whispered. “I hurt everyone but you. I never meant to
hurt you.”
Jem put his hands up, pressing his palms against his eyes. “Will —”
“You can’t never forgive me,” Will said in disbelief, hearing the
panic tinging his own voice. “I’d be —”
“Alone?” Jem lowered his hand, but he was smiling now, crookedly. “And
whose fault is that?”

Cassandra Clare
“He’s very pretty. For a human.”
“He’s very broken,” said Magnus. “Like a lovely vase that someone has smashed. Only luck and skill can put it back together the way it was before.”

Cassandra Clare
“Say something in Mandarin,” said Tessa, with a smile.
Jem said something that sounded like a lot of breathy vowels and
consonants run together, his voice rising and falling melodically: “Ni
hen piao liang.”
“What did you say?” Tessa was curious.
“I said your hair is coming undone — here,” he said, and reached out
and tucked an escaping curl back behind her ear. Tessa felt the blood
spill hot up into her face, and was glad for the dimness of the
carriage. “You have to be careful with it,” he said, taking his hand
back, slowly, his fingers lingering against her cheek.”

Cassandra Clare
“She smiled at him. “How did you know just what I’d want to see?”
“How could I not?” he said. “When I think of you, and you are not there, I see you in my mind’s eye always with a book in your hand.” He looked away from her as he said it, but not before she caught the slight flush on his cheekbones. He was so pale, he could never hide even the least blush, she thought — and was surprised how affectionate the thought was.”

Cassandra Clare
“Our souls are knit. We are one person, James.”

Cassandra Clare
“Jem is nothing but goodness. That he struck you last night only shows how capable you are of driving even saints to madness.”

Cassandra Clare
“When Will truly wants something,” said Jem, quietly, “when he feels something — he can break your heart.”

Cassandra Clare
“Ah,” said a voice from the doorway, “having your annual ‘everyone thinks Will is a lunatic’ meeting, are you?
“It’s biannual,” said Jem. “And no, this is not that meeting.”

Cassandra Clare
“We live and breathe words. .... It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you wrote, how you were lonely sometimes and afraid, but always brave; the way you saw the world, its colors and textures and sounds, I felt--I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt. I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted--and then I realized that truly I just wanted you.”

Cassandra Clare
“Trains are great dirty smoky things," said Will. "You won't like it."
Tessa was unmoved. "I won't know if I like it until I try it, will I?"
"I've never swum naked in the Thames before, but I know I wouldn't like it."
"But think how entertaining for sightseers," said Tessa, and she saw Jem duck his head to hide the quick flash of his grin.”

Cassandra Clare
“Demon pox, oh demon pox
Just how is it acquired?
One must go down to the bad part of town
Until one is very tired.
Demon pox, oh demon pox, I had it all along—
Not the pox, you foolish blocks,
I mean this very song—
For I was right, and you were wrong!"

"Will!" Charlotte shouted over the noise, "Have you LOST YOUR MIND? CEASE THAT INFERNAL RACKET! Jem—"
Jem, rising to his feet, clapped his hands over Will's mouth. "Do you promise to be quiet?" he hissed into his friend's ear.
Will nodded, blue eyes blazing. Tessa was staring at him in amazement; they all were. She had seen Will many things—amused, bitter, condescending, angry, pitying—but never giddy before.
Jem let him go. "All right, then."
Will slid to the floor, his back against the armchair, and threw up his arms. "A demon pox on all your houses!" he announced, and yawned.
"Oh, God, weeks of pox jokes," said Jem. "We're in for it now.”

Cassandra Clare
“It's too late," she said.
"Don't say that." His voice was half a whisper. "I love you, Tessa. I love you.”

12/25/2011 page 1
0.0% "YES! Finally! After days of rushing to finish the library books, gazing at the cover whenever I walk past my bookshelf, and reading awesome over awesome reviews, I'm reading Clockwork Prince! AAAAHHHH! Yeah, I'm probably gonna stay up late tonight XD"
12/25/2011 page 97
19.0% "Man, I missed all of these characters so freakin' much."
12/26/2011 page 197
39.0% "Jem is so hot when he's pissed off."
12/27/2011 page 318
63.0% "OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH! Will, a-and Magnus, and GAH!!! *spazzes out*"
12/28/2011 page 430
86.0% "holycrapholycrapholycrap as much as I am happy about what's going on in this page, I also have a feeling of what will happen next. AND IT'S NOT GOOD. GAAAAHHHH!!! >.<"

message 1: by Holli (last edited Dec 28, 2011 07:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Holli Poor Will! Cassandra was horribly cruel with this love triangle! Jem is a doll and I totally love Will! Oh I certainly pray she plans on finding a cure for Jem! I will be beyond pissed if he gets killed off!!!!!

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj I KNNNNOOOOWWWW! (sorry for the all caps, I'm still a bit emotional right now).

The only thing going through my head right now is "Oh gosh, Will. Will. WILL!" This is probably the most heartbreaking love triangle EVER. I mean, I love Jem and would hate it if he gets his heart broken, or worse, dies, but WILL!!!!!! AAHHH! >.<

Holli Tell me about it! :( I adore Jem, and I love Will, and I just dont see how this will be fixed! :(

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj *sigh* If only there were two Tessa's...

Holli Heartbreaking I tell ya!

AriaTheBookNerd Isn't this book just so amazing! :D

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj Totally amazing!