Lisa's Reviews > The Compassionate Diet: How What You Eat Can Change Your Life and Save the Planet

The Compassionate Diet by Arran Stephens

Jun 12, 11

Read from June 09 to 12, 2011

I've been a vegetarian for several years (trying to go vegan now). Just researched and wrote a paper on our current industrial animal food farming system. I knew it was bad -- now I know it's horrible. Small wonder then that this book appealed to me. Checked it out today; the author looks at the spiritual benefits of abstaining from meat-eating, along with health, ecological, and economic benefits, and, of course, curtailing widespread animal abuse throughout the meat industry. I'm not a spiritual person, but could always read more about extending my compassion, as it's a win-win situation in my humble opinion. I feel it behooves us all to know where our food comes from. "Old McDonald had a Farm" is a myth, folks.

It's a quick read as it's small and portable; in other words, I'm buying a copy. Succinctly and simply states the perils of continually supporting this farming method, for all the above reasons.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Compassionate Diet.