Nicole Lundrigan's Reviews > The Prince of Tides

The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prince of Tides.

message 1: by Marguerite (new)

Marguerite I find that anything by Pat Conroy is worth waiting years to read. By happy chance, I found a well-worn copy of The Water is Wide at a campground book sale a few years ago.

Nicole Lundrigan Marguerite wrote: "I find that anything by Pat Conroy is worth waiting years to read. By happy chance, I found a well-worn copy of The Water is Wide at a campground book sale a few years ago."

I've only read this one, and was wowed by the writing and the story. I'll have to check out some others.

message 3: by Marguerite (new)

Marguerite The strength of all Conroy's work is the vivid appeal to the senses -- you can almost smell a page from any of his novels. I think my favourite was Beach Music, with its secondary plot about the Holocaust

Nicole Lundrigan Marguerite wrote: "The strength of all Conroy's work is the vivid appeal to the senses -- you can almost smell a page from any of his novels. I think my favourite was Beach Music, with its secondary plot about the H..."

I agree – definitely a sensory writer. I’ll have to check out this one you mention.