Shannon (Giraffe Days)'s Reviews > Light My Fire

Light My Fire by Katie MacAlister

Mar 12, 08

bookshelves: paranormal, urban-fantasy, 2008, romance
Read in March, 2008

After having left Drake, again, at the end of the previous book, Aisling heads to London to live with Nora who agreed to mentor her training. She's not there long however before Drake turns up, requesting her presence at a sept meeting.

She's having trouble with the other wyverns too. The red dragons are trying to kill her, she thinks Gabriel of the silver dragons pushed her in front of a train and Fiat of the blue dragons keeps trying to kill her. On top of that, she's being pressured into taking the position of Venediger and a Demon Lord wants her support in Abbadon politics. It's all a bit of a mess, really, but at least she's coping much better this time. Aisling is becoming a much stronger, less beligerant woman, and finally has a mature conversation with Drake where they actually manage to make progress.

Although the ending is a bit dark, I thoroughly enjoyed this story. All the different elements and subplots were held together well, and Drake finally spoke his thoughts and feelings. Awww. But things are only getting more and more interesting with Aisling and her life, so I'm eager to read on.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Light My Fire.