Lance Greenfield's Reviews > The Thread

The Thread by Victoria Hislop

Jun 09, 11

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thread.

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Chevrestt Even though I loathe Book Depo as they have ripped me off and refused to refund money before.. I went to pre order this one because it is VH. However, it is unavailable. Any ideas how to get ahold of this one when it comes out?

message 2: by Tara (new)

Tara Chevrestt Have you ever bought anything from a group called Waterstones? I can pre order from them or Amazon UK, but the shipping may cost even more than the book.. ? Do you have any idea? Have you bought from them?

message 3: by Lance (new) - added it

Lance Greenfield I buy most of my purchased books from Watersones, especially the ebooks these days. As a matter of fact, I downloaded 4 books from them last night.

I copy all of my reviews on to their site, and, who knows how, I am listed as one of their top 50 reviewers.

All of my family and friends know that the best gift that they can ever buy me is more tokens to spend at Waterstones! :-)

message 4: by Tara (new)

Tara Chevrestt Aw. So they are like Amazon then. Gotcha. :)

message 5: by Lance (new) - added it

Lance Greenfield I like Waterstones. The staff in their stores are all very knowledgeable and read a lot. The reviews are sincere and trustworthy. I like the way that they put little tags with 10--word reviews by members of staff from all over the country on their bookshelves below the books that they apply to. It feels personal.

I am not too keen on Amazon.

But my heart lies with Goodreads!

message 6: by Tara (new)

Tara Chevrestt Lance, found this for twenty dollars and free shipping on a website called Bit pricey for a paperback so I'm waiting. That's the pre order price. Thought I would let you know. I just bought three UK only books from them.