Christi Snow's Reviews > Line of Fire

Line of Fire by Jo Davis

Jun 13, 11

Read from June 08 to 09, 2011

Full review reposted from my Smitten with Reading blog...

My Review:
Tommy is the youngster at Station Five. With movie star good looks and a happy-go-lucky personality, no one knows the real story about how Tommy ended up a firefighter. Like all the guys, he has a backstory that's not so happy. Shea, too, has a past full of tragedy.

I didn't like this book quite as much as I liked the others. There was a lot more time and energy focused on the bad guy's story and I felt that it really detracted from the story. Also, Tommy is only 22 years old so both Tommy and Shea seemed so young. Nevertheless, they have both had so much tragedy in their lives, they are definitely more mature than their ages tell.

By now, you would think that the guys of Station Five would realize that if they fall in love, then something really bad is going to happen and they are going to get hurt. ;o) It's a predictable drama after 4 books, but I am okay with that because I like this kind of drama. Love an alpha male who needs his woman because he's been hurt. Tommy's accident is a really, really emotional one with long-term repercussions. I thought that overall Jo Davis did a pretty good job with this story line although the actions of some of the characters just didn't sit quite right with reality. I like where the accident took the story line.

The bad guy situation is definitely going to carry over into book #5. Sean's (heartbroken Captain) story is next with Eve. We have seen them lust over each other for most of the series, but there is a LOT of baggage there for Sean. It promises to be an incredible finale to this awesome series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Line of Fire.