Vicki Mccollum's Reviews > Deep Cover

Jun 09, 11

bookshelves: re-read
Read in January, 2011

Deep Cover is a great read. I love the male lead, Rick Gray. He's a
"real manly man with a sensitive heart." He has such integrity (even though he lives a lie) as he works so hard to take down the arsonist (working undercover, even from Ginny) and save the lives of those he loves, especially Ginny Bryson, who he has fallen in love with.

Sandra's fiction strong points: Characterization-her characters are multi-layered, good people who love the Lord, but struggling with hurts and secrets from their pasts. And realistic; I think you'll identify with them and certainly root for them to succeed.
Plot twists: just when you think the couple will get together (too soon in the plot) something separates them, usually their own feelings of mistrust of the other one and you want to knock their heads together and shake them....because you've already decided they should be together and are perfect for each other!
Villians: She's great at making villians, characters who weasel their way into the hero and heroine's lives, just to make trouble. And they can be so scary and almost win--I love Sandra's novels. Deep Cover (originally Shades of Gray[I'm her crit partner, so I get to read them early])is a wonderful story. One that you'll love loving the characters and seeing them get together, finally. (They are romances, after all). And she has three more coming! All with wonderful characters and great plots.

PS: We'll have to get Sandra to tell us about her experience at a police academy learning about cops and how they work! How fun that must have been! Sandra likes to experience what her characters experience so she can write about it realistically; how much fun would that be?

Blessings, Sandra! I know everyone will love Deep Cover and Rick and Ginny!
Vicki

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Cover.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Christine Lindsay I am so looking forward to reading this book. I've got it on my desk, and hope to dive into it soon.

Vicki Mccollum Christine, you'll love it. It's a fast read too, because of all the action and wondering what comes next, so that you can't put it down.