Velvetink's Reviews > The Sea

The Sea by Leonard Engel

Jun 09, 11

bookshelves: environmental, marine, non-fiction, plants-botany, veterinary-animals, exploration, history, z-1980-s
Read in January, 1989

The Sea is one of twenty-five volumes in the Life Nature Library. Published by Time-Life books in the 1960s, this series portrays the many aspects of the natural world. Despite its age, The Sea is a good, basic introduction to oceanography. Topics covered include the history of oceanography, the sea floor, waves, tides, currents, life in the sea, and how humans have used and will likely use the sea for food, energy, and minerals. As with other books in this series, there are many awesome illustrations which supplement the reading. The chapter on sharks was especially fascinating. An appendix of important dates in ocean exploration is included. If you want a highly readable, non-technical book on the ocean then this book is for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sea.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kwesi 章英狮 I may ask, what is your college course?

message 2: by Velvetink (last edited Jun 09, 2011 09:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Velvetink Kwesi 章英狮 wrote: "I may ask, what is your college course?"

:)I am converting my BA degree (Media/Communications/film) to Librarian.
As you can see I will read almost anything on any subject :d Just love books.

Kwesi 章英狮 I see, I thought your college course is related to science or medicine. You read a lot of high-heeled books. Haha. I forgot to mention, I envied you a lot for taking that course, my parents won't give me freedom. At least I can still read books. Haha.

I will read almost anything on any subject
Same here!

Velvetink I just like science & medicine. One day you will have freedom so keep learning. My parents didn't pay for my degree (I worked before to save for it), same for my course I'm doing now.

Kwesi 章英狮 I wish so. Hehe.