Norma Wright's Reviews > The Tigress of Forlì: Renaissance Italy's Most Courageous and Notorious Countess, Caterina Riario Sforza de Medici

The Tigress of Forlì by Elizabeth Lev

Jun 17, 11

Read from June 09 to 17, 2011

The Tigress of Forli is a well researched historical account of Caterina Sforza, her extraordinary life and accomplishments. She was one of the most prominent women in Renaissance Italy. The story encompasses Caterina's life from childhood to her death. Caterina's life was a study of her perserverance, bravery, dedication, and focus. This story includes the history of her family and the part they played in politics in Italy. Lev's portrayal of Caterina showed her to be a capable opponent in war, a caring mother, and protector of her children.

I know this account of Caterina was well researched but it was difficult for me to get through it. While being an interesting story and character, it read more like a textbook. The facts were laid out well, but I never got a true feeling of the essence of Caterina Sforza. Having said that, I still enjoyed reading about a strong woman in Italian history.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tigress of Forlì.