Chicken Little's Reviews > Only Time Will Tell

Only Time Will Tell by Jeffrey Archer

Aug 07, 11

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from August 04 to 07, 2011

I won an ARC of this book thanks to Goodreads Free Giveaway program. Yay! =)

Where to start? I never read anything by Jeffrey Archer before, so I was unsure what to expect. I was amazed to find out that this author has the uncanny ability of grabbing readers' attention from the very first page and never let go until the end. Every single page, every single word, is absolutely spot on.

I literally fell in love with all of the characters in this story. The bad are really bad, the good ones are unforgettable. The plot is captivating and readers cannot help but cheer for Harry Clifton and all that he achieves while admiring the determination of his mother to make him rise above his poor status, at all costs. But the book is not only about Harry; it's also about his best friend, Giles, and his family; it's about Old Jack Tar who will, unseen, help Harry every step of the way. And when the truth of whom Harry's biological father really is comes to light, nobody will suffer more than the reader who has come to love Harry so much throughout his colorful life.

I was so taken by the various characters and the way their lives unfolded, I could hardly put this book down. The end is left wide open, as it should be, as this is the first of five books about the Cliftons, so I wasn't disappointed at all by the open ending.

I highly recommend the book. Just pick it up and see for yourself! ;)

To Goodreads, as always and more than ever, a heartfelt thank you: I am truly grateful! =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only Time Will Tell.

08/04/2011 page 1