Matthew's Reviews > Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne

M_50x66
Jun 09, 11

bookshelves: reveiws-2

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne is a classic science fiction book that tells the adventure of M. Aronnax. The book takes place in the mid-19th century and there have been many sightings of a “giant narwhal” in several different countries. M. Aronnax and his companion Conseil set off with a crew to go and try to find this giant narwhal. After some time of searching they finally find their giant narwhal and after getting into a battle with the beast M. Aronnax, Conseil, and their friend Ned Land get thrown overboard. After swimming for a short time they find themselves on top of a large metal submarine which they had mistaken for their giant narwhal. The captain of the ship, Captain Nemo, takes them as prisoners in his large vessel. Together they go on many adventures throughout the world and find many rare fauna and flora. Even though M. Aronnax enjoys seeing all of the wildlife he still plots an escape with his other prisoners so they can finally make it back home. I thought that Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea was a pretty good book. It took me awhile to finish and had many animals and plants that I had to go look up to know what they were. Overall though, I enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to a few of my peers that are interested in the sci-fi genre or in marine wildlife.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.