Steph Sinclair's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
4642710
's review
Jan 19, 14

bookshelves: dystopian, young-adult, 2012-reads, can-t-believe-i-finished, could-have-been-better, didn-t-care-for-it, disappointment, fell-for-the-hype, glad-it-s-over, harpercollins, heroines-i-want-to-shake, le-sigh, poor-world-building, dat-cover-yo, too-long-don-t-care, why-the-hype
Recommended to Steph by: Twitter and HarperTEEN's insane marketing campaign
Recommended for: -_- Strong fans of Divergent
Read from May 05 to 24, 2012, read count: 1


I want to give a big old round of applause to HarperTEEN and their insane marketing campaign. Bravo. That is not mockery, but a legit salute. I sincerely have to give it up to you for convincing me that I had to own this book. I was caught up and boarded the Twitter hype train as it drove me round and round the blogosphere's Factions. (BTW, I still don't know who drives the damn train.) So, by the time I stepped into my local bookstore and laid eyes on Insurgent I happily handed over my $17.99. I wasn't thinking logically. It was as if I was under a simulation. (HAHAHA! Did you see what I did there?)

And that ending? Ugh. I... I... I need a moment. Let me just stop myself right here before I end up writing a really negative review and 1 starring one of the most anticipated books of 2012.

But know I am displeased. VERY. Just look at how long it took me to finish the book!

-----------------------------------------------

What a shame. The most anticipated book of 2012 is my most disappointing read so far. After all the positive reviews I read, I knew for sure I'd love it. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. I was conflicted on whether to give this book one or two stars. In the end, Insurgent's saving grace is that it simply doesn't belong with some of my other one starred books. So, I feel I must warn whoever stumbles across this review: If this is one of your favorite series and you love it with the burning passion of a supernova, this review might have the potential to piss you off. It might be best for both you and I if you just hit the back button now before things get going. Go on. Spock and I will wait.

*whistles*

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Oh, you're staying, huh? Well, strap yourself in because I have a feeling it might just be one of those reviews...

Spock tells me this review must contain mild spoilers in order to logically explain this illogical novel. Sorry, kids. Spock's call.

The first big negative right off the bat was that Insurgent picks up directly after Divergent left off. There is virtually no recap to the story or characters and if you read the book a year ago, well, you may be screwed. But thankfully, Roth wrote up a lovely little cheat sheet for just this purpose. Yay! However, the problem doesn't just lie with remembering names. It lies with the connection the reader may or may not have had with the characters in Divergent, which was now non-existent since I could barely remember who was who. What's that you say? So and so just got shot in the head? I'm sorry, I can't find a single fuck to give. Then, we are introduced to even more characters. So, not only do I have to attempt to remember the old characters, but I have to keep track of these newbies too? That's just way too much work. Obviously, this isn't really Insurgent's fault, but I thought it would helpful to point this out.

The Plot:

What happened here? What happened to the action packed dystopian series I was introduced to in Divergent? Where the hell was Tris and why was Bella playing her role? Why did Four suddenly update his Facebook status to Douche Bag? Who's idea was it to turn Insurgent into a Dystopian Romance? One thing I loved about Divergent was that the romance took a back seat to the story and action. But in Insurgent the action is scattered with a heavier focus on Tris and Four's relationship. Look, that is not what I signed up for. I really don't care if Four loves Tris or if they'll end up riding a unicorn that poops rainbows as they ride off into the sunset. Whatever, whatever, whatever.

So, the Erudite are trying to take over their world by creating a new serum for those that are Divergent while the Factionless plan a rebellion. But all that usually happens in the background with occasional mention to keep the reader up to date. Most of the novel we are stuck in Tris' head as she goes into angst mode over Four, her parents and Will. It was so boring I felt like I was stuck in a throwback episode of As the World Turns. On repeat. Save me. But wait! We have a random plot twist at the end right before the battle is about to go down. Marcus (Four's abusive father) decides to enlist Tris to help him retrieve information stolen from Abnegation. He tells her it's super secret and that he can't tell her what it is because it's something you have to see, that she'll just have to trust him. Doing so would betray Four. She agrees.

Wait. Pause.

Tris hates Marcus. Tris loves Four. Tris doesn't know what information they would be retrieving. She also doesn't know if Marcus is telling her the truth. She has absolutely no reason to believe him. No real evidence to back up his claim. She agrees. Without much thought. Tris is supposed to have an aptitude for Erudite, right? She's supposed to be logical, RIGHT?!


Tris, pack your bags. I think Spock has just voted you off the island.

That makes no sense! And then when I found out the super big secret, guess what? He could have easily told her! I smell and easy plot cop-out, folks. The secret is kept long enough from the reader just so it can push you off the cliff on the last page.

World Building:

In Divergent I let a lot slide and roll off me because I was entertained throughout the entire book. I'm known to do that with a lot of books like Wither and Across the Universe, for example. I could not do it with Insurgent. You see, I have the attention span of a fruit fly. If I'm not fully engaged in the book, I'm going to notice things. Things I probably wouldn't care too much about if I were enjoying myself. Like how the Erudite wear glasses just because they're smart. Or how even though Tris is emotionally unbalanced 16-year-old, everyone still looks to her to "analyze the situation." Or even how impossible I find these factions. How is it that you can put all of these traits into neat little boxes and ask a person to choose one over the others? This is the same problem I had with The Hunt. In both novels the author tries to pitch an idea of human behavior completely different from what reality is, but you can clearly see the flaws with it. However, the main character fully believes in that world and way of thinking. They try to rationalize it, convince you of it. Yes, I realize it's a Dystopian novel, but this is a hard concept to sell because it makes it difficult for me to sympathize with the main character, their conflicted feelings and understand their world. Believability is key for me and I have a hard time believing this world. Tris frequently switches back and forth between her Dauntless, Erudite and Abnegation sides. Other characters comment on her embracing one trait depending on what the situation calls for it. But this doesn't work for me. Real talk, you can't just put logical thinking back in the toy chest when you decide you don't want to play with it anymore. It doesn't work like that. At least... I don't think so. Spock?


I'm getting no-ish vibes.

Tris:

This series gets a lot of comparisons to The Hunger Games and in a way I can see why. You have your young girl who, one way or another, plays an important part in bringing forth change to her society. And if I really had to compare the two, I'd say that Insurgent is like Mockingjay. Tris is depressed, struggling to hold it together and fight in the war. The difference comes into play when Tris borderline gives up, while Katniss kicked ass until the very end. I'm not saying Tris didn't have the right to be depressed because I do believe she did. But it was really over done for me. I felt like I was drowning in her angst. This book is over 500 pages long and most of the action doesn't even show up to the party until the last 30 pages! So what was Tris doing for the other 500 pages? Not a damn thing. No, scratch that. Spock tells me that is inaccurate. Tris was in fact doing something. She was off being selfless, trying to get herself killed so that no one else would die. Bella is that you? I didn't know you did Dystopias now! That irritated me to no end. At one point she turns herself into the Erudite because they threatened to kill off people until Divergent started surrendering. So, of course, Tris thinks it has to be her and sneaks off to give herself up before the Dauntless can form a plan. Now, let's think about this logically. Tris knows the Erudite want to experiment on her for a Divergent-proof serum. Which means more people would be enslaved and/or killed because of her turning herself in. *facepalm* Then she almost dies, but it was too late because I had run out of fucks by then! So I had to shake Spock down for some.


What do you mean you're out of fucks?! One of us has to care if Tris lives or dies!


The Ending:

Okay, lots of spoilers here, folks. Spoilers all around from this point on.

I didn't like the ending. I felt cheated because I had hung on for the ending. Everyone said how it made up for the rest of the book and what not, but here's the thing: The ending couldn't make up for all the angst-filled fluff the rest of the book was stuffed with. I didn't feel the anticipation throughout the novel and I hate to admit that I was really tempted to skim. The villan was killed really fast without much of a fight. I always hate when that happens. The villan has been giving the characters hell all throughout the story and by the time their number is up, they beg for their life and die by a simple stab wound?

"Yes, if you kill me you'll never find the information!"

*stabby stab*

>insert blood and stuff<

"UGH! I'M MELTING!"

*dies*


Still no fucks I see. That's cold, bro.


And the big secret wasn't anything you couldn't have guessed from Divergent. It's revealed that the world is in chaos outside of the fence. Murders, destruction, etc. The weird thing is that I actually forgot about their society being enclosed in the fence until it was brought up near the end. It totally slipped my mind. But, I digress. The entire point of their society was to be a fresh start to the world. Somehow by boxing people in these Factions and waiting for the Divergent to emerge that equates to saving humanity. I'm not exactly sure how that works since the book just ends with that revelation and the Acknowledgements rolled. But I feel like Roth wrote herself all the way to a deserted island, sent up her S.O.S. signal and that cliffhanger fell right out of the sky to the rescue. *sigh* I really hate cliffhangers. It was one of the things that I liked about Divergent. For the most part things were tied up, but with Insurgent? It's quite the mess we'll be walking into in book three.

Will I read the next book? Yes, because I've come this far and I'm hoping I will enjoy book three as much as I enjoyed Divergent. I think Insurgent suffers from "Second Book Syndrome" and the infamous "Hype Train," may it die in a fire (the Hype Train, not the book). But ultimately, I'm interested in how Roth will explain away everything. Maybe then this whole series will make perfect logical sense to me. Until then, drink time, Spock?



More reviews and shenanigans at Cuddlebuggery Book Blog.
1028 likes · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.
sign in »

Reading Progress

05/15/2012 page 107
20.0% "I'm not sure why it's taking me so long to finish this book." 13 comments
05/17/2012 page 236
45.0% "Has common sense been bred out of those who don't have an aptitude for Erudite? Do they have less brain cells? I mean, c'mon, Tris' analysis of situations isn't rocket science, it's obvious. Her status as Divergent doesn't make her seem more special or smarter. It makes everyone else look like freakin' morons. -_-" 8 comments
05/19/2012 page 250
48.0% "So.Much.Damn.Angst.
AHHHH!!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos" 16 comments
05/19/2012 page 312
59.0% "Tris, you are reminding me of Bella with all your talk of sacrificing yourself and your lack of self-preservation." 14 comments
05/22/2012 page 417
79.0% "Now Tris has decided she actually wants to give a shit. And with only 100 pages to go. Awesome." 12 comments
05/23/2012 page 481
92.0% "Well, duh, Tris. If its not on a public computer I guess it would have to be on a private one. No one else could think of that "logical" solution because they aren't as speshal as you." 10 comments

Comments (showing 1-50 of 270) (270 new)


Katlyn O: LUCKY!


Steph Sinclair I made a detour to the book store today on my way home from work. I'm excited!


Katlyn I went to mine last night and it didn't have it -.- You lucky duck, hope you enjoy it!


Sarah M I just picked it up after work today. Going to start Divergent then read this right after my brother finishes it!


Sophie Got mine at the library today! So excited to start it!


Holly I am also excited by this one - and its thicker than the last one :)


Jessica I'm super excited to read this one I loved the last one so I hope this one doesn't dissapoint.


Sasha I have such mixed feelings about this book (I finished it last night) and I can't tell if I'm really confused or if it's one of those books you just need to bounce ideas and commentary off another person until you can narrow down your own feelings.


Sasha Not confused about the content, confused about whether I liked it or not


Holly Sasha wrote: "Not confused about the content, confused about whether I liked it or not"

I can understand that, its such a different book from the last one. its a lot darker and some of Tris' decisions and thought processes are either irritating or depressing. I still really enjoyed it though. I read it much faster than Divergent but think its because I wanted to get past some if the bits I was reading, and wanted her to make some different decisions than I could see her making!


Sasha Holly wrote: "Sasha wrote: "Not confused about the content, confused about whether I liked it or not"

I can understand that, its such a different book from the last one. its a lot darker and some of Tris' deci..."


One of the things that I thought was extraordinarily different between the two books was her relationship with Tobias. In Divergent, the relationship between Tris and Four was secondary to everything else that was going on. In Insurgent, however, I thought it flipped. I don't think it makes it a bad novel or of a lower quality for doing it that way (after all, what's worth fighting for in a war if not the people you go home to?) but I think that's why I'm not as adamantly inlove with the second book as I was with the first. Because I really respected/enjoyed the first book for never making the plot about the couple-to-be, and the second book seems to do just that.


Sophie Sasha wrote: "Holly wrote: "Sasha wrote: "Not confused about the content, confused about whether I liked it or not"

I can understand that, its such a different book from the last one. its a lot darker and some..."


Despite the fact that Tris and Four's relationship is more visible in this book, I don't think it's that big of a focus of the book. There's still a lot going on with the factions and Tris's own issues, but I think that it was necessary for Roth to develop their relationship, since you can't exactly proclaim that two characters love each other and then never try to show that they do.


message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh! I am jealous of you right now because I really, REALLY want to read this one, and the library never has it and last time I went to the bookstore, they didn't have it either :( very depressing!


Amanda The Book Slayer How are you liking it so far? I read this one in a day. I just couldn't put it down and then at the end I had an "aha" moment. Now I need the next book.


Steph Sinclair Mommaseymour wrote: "How are you liking it so far? I read this one in a day. I just couldn't put it down and then at the end I had an "aha" moment. Now I need the next book."

So far it's just okay for me. I found it difficult to get into the beginning and the angst is a bit frustrating. But I hear the ending is worth it, so I'm hoping it changes my mind!

@Emily, Oh that sucks! I hope you're able to find a copy soon!


message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Stephanie wrote: "Mommaseymour wrote: "How are you liking it so far? I read this one in a day. I just couldn't put it down and then at the end I had an "aha" moment. Now I need the next book."

So far it's just okay..."


Thanks :) I hope so too.

@Mommaseymour, that sounds so much like something I would do... read it in a day and then wish I hadn't because I have to wait til the next one!

description

this is how I feel!


message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

It's weird because a lot of my friends that have read the book also believed Tris was whiny and self-destructive, but reading about Tris was like reading about me 6 months ago. I was unbelievably self-destructive because I was wracked with guilt and regret over things I'd done or didn't do. I really think Tris had to feel all this guilt and angst to understand that even though we may do horrible things, we can always redeem ourselves and fight for what is right in the end. I really felt for Tris and I just wanted to tell her all would be okay.


Danielle The ending was rather predictable. (view spoiler)


Laurel Oh man you were under the simulation too? Damn them simulations. I'm VERY excited for your review.


Anastasia [I'm Wonderstruck...] I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, but I am even more anxious to hear your full thoughts on this than I was waiting for Insurgent's.

@Danielle: Exactly. I thought to myself(view spoiler). And that's what happened. Therefore, I had to wait about two hundred pages to confirm what I already know, which was pretty frustrating.


message 21: by Monica! (new)

Monica! ::: claps ::: Cannot *wait* for you to wake up tomorrow and add more about what you hated. ;)


message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Danielle wrote: "The ending was rather predictable. "

Oh no! Well, I will just HAVE to read this really REALLY soon so that I can see what it's all about... The anticipation and mixed responses this book is getting is killing me! I just want to read it, and my library still hasn't got it in... some other lucky person is sitting out there in the world reading it while I sit here dying from the suspense, which, may I add, has been there for a very long time and

description


message 23: by Lissa (new)

Lissa Really looking forward to your review. I'd really like to know what you think of it. I think it's strange it's only got 2 stars from you.


message 24: by rameau (new)

rameau This review I want to read.


Amy (Turn the Page) Lol really? See I avoided all the marketing campaign like the plague. It drove me nuts for an entire month!


Steph Sinclair Yeah, I can see why everyone who rated it higher liked the ending because it *is* the best part, but it's like 30 pages of "not bad, Roth" to 500 pages of me unable to decide who to chuck out the window: me or the book.


message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Stephanie wrote: "Yeah, I can see why everyone who rated it higher liked the ending because it *is* the best part, but it's like 30 pages of "not bad, Roth" to 500 pages of me unable to decide who to chuck out the w..."


Aww, come on, it can't be that bad..... Can it?


message 28: by Jana (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jana Oh, this is next on my two-read list - and i didn't even enjoy the first one as you guys. Still have to find the time to write a review. Maybe I'll postpone reading this and start with Angelfall instead (also bought because of your and your friends praising (?) reviews).


Steph Sinclair @Emily, I think a lot of people will really enjoy Insurgent, especially if you loved the first one.

@Jana, Oh! Read Angelfall!! :D


little machines Jana wrote: "Oh, this is next on my two-read list - and i didn't even enjoy the first one as you guys. Still have to find the time to write a review. Maybe I'll postpone reading this and start with Angelfall in..."

OH MY GOD YES READ ANGELFALL! :DDD


Maria Sigh. Insurgent is such a disappointment alright. Where did all the awesomeness of Divergent went?... down the drain, that's where. :)


message 32: by Jana (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jana All right then. Angelfall will be my Whitsun Monday entertainment. I didn't really want to start Insurgent before I had finished my review of Divergent. And I can't be bothered to write anything these days - just want to sit outside and read. :D

Thanks for the encouragement, you guys!


message 33: by Lyndi (new)

Lyndi Wait, the book cost $17.99? Christ on a cracker, that's a lot.


Pricky What a bummer! I really enjoyed Insurgent...although painful at times. And I keep hearing about this AngelFall book! I really need to get my hands on that one!


Lhara I really enjoyed this book, probably more than Divergent as I kept comparing Divergent with THG. I know the books had flaws, but I fell in love with it and really didn't expect to. I actually read both these books and Everneath whilst I was on holiday. Divergent because I'd heard good things about it and Everneath as you gave it a good review. And though I liked Everneath, I definitely like Divergent and sequel better. It's always so weird how one book someone likes, another can hate, and it's also strange when you think you have the same tastes as someone else (which is why I follow your reviews, for the recs!) But anyway, I'm sorry Insurgent wasn't great for you. Will you be reading the third when it comes out?


Steph Sinclair @Soapy, Yeah, if they rest of the book was as interesting as the ending I would have given it a higher rating.

@Lyndi, Books-A-Million is high.

@Pricky, Yes, you must read Angelfall. It was my favorite of 2011!

@Lhara, Isn't it odd how that happens? I can definitely see why some poeple like it, though! Yeah, I'll read book three. I need to see how it all ends. Hopefully, I'll enjoy it better too.


Jennie I agree with all of your major points. I was so disappointed that this book fell so flat.


Syahira Sharif I love the spock gif!!! oh.. leonard nimoy, you saved fringe... love2

and now i'm never going to start reading insurgent... le sigh


Lhara I hope so too! And maybe if you ever re-read Insurgent, it won't be as bad! Also, I think you (or someone) said that the ending made or broke it for people? Well, I wasn't too fussed about the ending. I think I knew from the offset that the revelation wasn't going to be that amazing (and idk, I almost feel I've been down that path before - waiting for a revelation sort of like that and it is anti-climatic, though I can't remember from what), so I didn't set myself up for the ending to be the best part. For me, it was more the journey and my other favourite thing was the secondary characters - Like Christina. And it's kinda funny, whilst reading it, I was all, "Wow, this is so enthralling, I think people will find it hard to dislike" and haha, I was wrong! (But I also found myself growing frustrated with Tris' erratic behaviour.)


Steph Sinclair @Jennie, At least book three seems like it will be more exciting.

@Syahira, You might like. Majority of readers reviewed it positively.

@Lhara, Was it A Million Suns? I was so disappointed by that book's revelation too. I agree with you about Christina. I really liked her character. I hope she has a bigger role in book three! I guess, I understand why Tris was so erratic, but it was frustrating at the same time.


Lhara I haven't read A Million Suns, so not that! It might even be a tv show or film. The whole big revelation thing does seem to be a common story arc!

I hope there's more of Christina in book 3, and she better not die! My favourite part in book 2 was definitely (view spoiler)

Wrg to tris' character being erratic, I have been thinking a lot about it. Obviously she's burdened with an entire amount of grief, and that's what makes her act all over the place. It was frustrating, but maybe part of that was our limitations of being able to understand someone's world breaking down completely? I think we're so used to reading/watching about things such as death etc, that when it happens, we almost expect the character to have a bit of a break down and then get over it? Where as in RL, someone can take years to reach an acceptable state, and will possibly never move on from that. That said, it is important to balance a real portrayal of grief and the effects it has vs being able to move forward so the reader doesn't get lost in it all, and I guess that's tricky. But then there were places where I felt Roth was doing the whole telling and not showing thing wrg to Tris. (view spoiler)

So overall, Tris wasn't a big problem for me though I can definitely see why she is. Actually, my biggest problem, and idk if anyone else found this, was that Roth didn't always describe situations properly, so in places I had no idea where they really were (like at one stage, I think Tris had agreed to go with a few to Candor HQ or wherever and then they were attacked, but I wasn't sure if they actually got there), and I had no idea where each base was in relation to each other. It seems where they live is a futuristic version of Chicago(?) so it would suggest it's a big place, but sometimes it felt like you could just hop to one place or another and that it was far too easy to get around (characters suddenly turning up out of nowhere etc.)

Sorry, this turned into a mini-essay! No one I know has read Insurgent (or even Divergent for that matter) so I just wanted to discuss it!


Steph Sinclair Yes! I was happy (view spoiler)

I totally think Tris' erratic behavior was justified, but I feel like there were too many pages of it in the book. For as long as the book is, it's an awful long time to sit around feeling sorry for Tris. I did feel sorry in the beginning, but it dragged for me. So I completely agree with what you said about balance. I'm not sure why she blamed defying Tobias on grief. Because again, she was choosing when to be selfless and selfish. She knew that defying him would hurt him, but she put herself in harms way over and over. Then, she switch up and decide to be selfless towards other people she didn't know. Her behavior was very inconsistent.

And yes! I noticed that's as we'll with the descriptions. Remember when they were running through the corn fields in the beginning and it's like, the next sentence they somehow made it to the clearing? The scene transitions were confusing at times. And if the Factionless are rebelling, is it reasonable to assume they aren't the ones operating the train? Lol. I mean, I still want to know! It seems like their society is kinda small, doesn't it? Just a five minute train right from one faction to the other.

No! I like the discussion! I can totally see where you're coming from. :)


message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't picked this up, Stephanie but I had a lot of issues with this first book mainly with world building (society wise) and also the ending (and weird kiss at the end with T/T). I was wondering if you suggest I pick this up - at least for worldbuilding? e.g. Do things get explained about the society and how it came to be?


message 44: by Amanda (last edited May 26, 2012 06:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda The Book Slayer Danielle wrote: "The ending was rather predictable. [spoilers removed]"

OMG I totally thought of (view spoiler) as well when I read this. lol


message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I feel you, girl. I loved this review. I was so disappointed by Tris' lack of self worth, while everyone around her coddled her and tried to jack up her self esteem.


Steph Sinclair Rachel wrote: "I haven't picked this up, Stephanie but I had a lot of issues with this first book mainly with world building (society wise) and also the ending (and weird kiss at the end with T/T). I was wonderin..."

Haha, there is yet another weird kiss at the end. Things are explained a little more in the last few pages of the book. Most of the explanation will probably be done in book three. I personally don't like waiting that long for world building explanations, but Roth has kinda tied the mystery of their world into her overall plot. So I guess it can't really be avoided.


message 47: by JD (new) - rated it 2 stars

JD Ohthankgod. We had the same reading experience and that makes me happy. I was beginning to feel like I was the only one not turned on by these books.


message 48: by Amanda (Good Choice Reading) (last edited May 26, 2012 06:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda (Good Choice Reading) I loved Insurgent but I definitely agree about Tris being inconsistent. She didn't seem like the same character to me. In fact, neither did Four. And all that promo that went into it was absolutely ridiculous. It was going to do well either way...I still don't understand why they felt the need to go to such extremes, and I probably never will. Other books that are just as good don't get shit for promotion. Grr.


message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Stephanie wrote: "Rachel wrote: "I haven't picked this up, Stephanie but I had a lot of issues with this first book mainly with world building (society wise) and also the ending (and weird kiss at the end with T/T)...."

There's ANOTHER weird kiss? Gah what is WITH this couple! Also I often want to grumble that Roth named Four after my favorite/first fictional boyfriend ever (from The Encounter / Animorphs) and Four does not compare lol.. And I guess I'll wait til book 3 before I read book 2. I just want decent world building, Stephanie - is that really so hard to ask for? damn it's like asking for snow this year on the East Coast lol... we had like nothin'!


Steph Sinclair @JD, we do seem to be in the minority, but I'm happy to see others really enjoyed the book. Maybe next time for us.

@Amanda, Ugh. The promo was nuts! Every time I turned around it was being tweeted and people were declaring Factions. So much hype is never really good for a book.

@Rachel, I have no idea. Why won't they listen to us? Since Roth has been holding off for the big reveal in book three, it has to be good. Otherwise, I'll have a sad.


« previous 1 3 4 5 6
back to top