Kaitlin's Reviews > Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride

Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride by Sandra D. Bricker

Jul 04, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, netgalley
Read from June 09 to 14, 2011

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews check out www.bookstothesky.com

Honestly, this book was a little too religious for me. There was a lot of praying and references to God. They even went to Andy's massive childhood church. There were others, but I don't want to give anything away with too much detail. (I'm sure the first book was like this too but it had been a little while since I've read it.)

Underneath all of that though, it was a cute love story. They had their ups and downs just like everyone. I was unsure why they brought in Russell Walker in for awhile (actually I'm still kind of not sure). I thought they were throwing a wrench into the Sherilyn and Andy relationship. That ended up happening, but they didn't use Russell They ended up bring back exes of both Sherilyn and Andy.

There's a major "twist" to the whole story about Sherilyn. Emma briefly mentions something that Sherilyn did years ago that gave her awful karma, but Sherilyn always stopped her before any details were shared. At the end you find out what her deep dark secret is. I had a hunch from the beginning and I ended up being right.

There were a lot of current references that threw me off. Like Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. They were a bit unnecessary, in my opinion.

All in all I enjoyed the book. I won't read it again, but I'll more than likely ending up reading her next books to find out what happens to everyone in the story line. I've really come to enjoy all the characters.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride.