Christine Bode's Reviews > This Is the Moment!: How One Man’s Yearlong Journey Captured the Power of Extraordinary Gratitude

This Is the Moment! by Walter Green

Pages: 240
ISBN-10: 1401928080
ISBN-13: 978-1401928087
Stars: 4.0

This Is The Moment! How One Man’s Yearlong Journey Captured the Power of Extraordinary Gratitude is a Hay House publication which means it’s both spiritual in intention as well as inspirational.

Walter Green is an accomplished businessman who was Chairman of the Board and CEO of Harrison Conference Services for 25 years. He has been a member of many different organizations in his lifetime and he’s well known for his leadership, mentoring young adults, and his involvement in several non-profit organizations. From the list of his achievements alone one could surmise that he is an extraordinary man.

Walter Green describes his yearlong journey as a “victory lap” and although he has achieved great success in his life, it’s his capacity for gratitude and love as well as the size of his heart, that make him stand apart from the crowd to shine in the spotlight of divine inspiration.

This book is broken down into three parts: My Journey, The Conversations and Your Moment. It’s not only a memoir of Walter’s experiences but also a handbook to inspire its readers to take their own extraordinary gratitude journey.

In “My Journey”, Walter describes an idea whose time has come. He reveals what he got from the experience of spending a year telling the most significant 44 people in his life what they meant to him as well as what others received from his experiences and the pain of regret when we lose someone we love without being able to let them know how we feel about them.

“The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.” ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

Walter Green believes that it’s never too soon to share how you feel about the people in your life who have made a profound contribution to it and that the bittersweetness of a Eulogy is that the person being acknowledged can no longer hear what’s being said about them; something most of us have tasted in our lives.

“The Conversations” (broken down into the Formative, Building, Refocusing and Across the Years categories) he chose to share with his readers were obviously carefully edited because we get the gratitude on the page but not always the tone of the emotion behind it. Reading through some of the tributes Walter makes for his friends, colleagues, mentors, mentees, business associates and even family doctor make for less than exciting reading because while these people are important to Green, they may not be to you as a reader. I don’t know if any of us could speak so eloquently in such emotional moments.

However, in “Across the Years” Walter shares with us some of the gratitude he has for his wife and two sons and that part brought tears to my eyes – partly because I don’t have a husband or children to enrich my life. The answers to his questions of how did his wife influence his life and have his children influenced his life in positive and significant ways really struck a chord in me as I thought about how my parents might answer those questions. Walter encourages us to let our children know the answer to this question in an out-of-the-ordinary way. He describes his conversation with his twin sons as being the most important and poignant one he’s ever had.

“Other than what I have with my wife, no relationship I’ve ever had has come anywhere close to the one I’ve had with my boys. I always wanted them to have the best of me. That’s when the dance began. I led.”

Walter talks about “the special moments that have become major deposits in my memory bank.” He has found most of the meaning in his life from helping others and in “Your Moment”, he encourages us to take our own gratitude journey and to do it our own way. We can start appreciating people by expressing uncommon gratitude for what they’ve done for us and what they’ve meant to our lives. Walter gives us a wonderful outline to motivate us to go forward on our own journey and I was very inspired to take it myself. I’ve made a list and know exactly how I’m going to share my gratitude with the people I treasure in my life.

This Is The Moment! is a beautiful book with a tranquil, appealing cover jacket created in high gloss, high quality paper. The layout of the book, together with the font used, made it an easy read. Most significant of all is the fact that the message in this book is relevant and extremely important and I highly recommend this read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Is the Moment!.