Eden's Reviews > Tell Me a Tale: A Book about Storytelling

Tell Me a Tale by Joseph Bruchac

Jun 14, 11

bookshelves: books-to-buy, favorites, native-american-and-first-nations, reviewed
Read from June 08 to 14, 2011

Storytelling is a really wonderful art and I know I love to hear a good story.
In this book, Joseph Bruchac tells different steps and activities to improve your storytelling. He also tells the most important things of storytelling - Listen, Observe, Remember and Share.
Stories, I believe, are a important part of life. They can help us to learn and grow as a person - through stories, we can find out so much about ourselves.
In my own way, I am a bit of a storyteller, but in a different way. I write and I love doing that. Writing is what I want to do with my life and I believe I have many good stories to share with the world. But I also appreciate oral storytelling. There is just something about hearing a story. It's special, much in the way reading a good book is.
There are also a number of good and memorable stories Joseph Bruchac tells in this book - I know I will remember many of them. I enjoyed the stories in the book and feel they have become a part of me now.

Truly, this is a wonderful book about storytelling. I recommend it to anyone who wants to become a storyteller, or anyone who is a writer like myself.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tell Me a Tale.

06/08/2011 page 1
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Alan (new)

Alan I really liked your review of this book, Eden. It made me want to go out and buy it!

message 2: by Eden (last edited Jun 18, 2011 12:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eden Alan wrote: "I really liked your review of this book, Eden. It made me want to go out and buy it!"

Thanks. If you ever do buy it and read it, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.