Words's Reviews > Demon

Demon by Kristina Douglas

F 50x66
Jun 08, 2011

did not like it

** spoiler alert ** I'm honestly not sure how I could have finished this book. It is incredibly dark and the hero is an asshole of epic proportions (that's me putting it mildly). I mean, what he makes the heroine go through is a litany of the worse of the worst: rape, torture, emotional abuse, etc. NOR does not really suffer for it or redeem himself in any way (honestly, I'm not sure if he was even redeemable, but varying twinges of guilt for his actions is not really even TRYING for redemption). The heroine herself is an empty shell of a character, so even when you feel bad for her (and believe me, you do), you're not really invested in her character for full-blown sympathy.

Anyway, this book really pissed me off and was such a let-down from the first book (which also had some problematic themes but they weren't as glaring as in this book). I'm familiar with the author's work and know that she has a tendency to write asshole male "alphas" but this really took the cake. This is one series I will not be revisiting.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon.

03/10 marked as: read