Audrey's Reviews > The Hunger Games

1913062
Jul 19, 11

bookshelves: fiction
Read from July 16 to 19, 2011

After a year of people raving about it I finally got it on the kindle and started reading it. It took me less than three days to read the whole book. It's so action packed and you're sucked in from page 1.

The only negative comment I'd have is that at times the plot "twists" aren't really twists but predictable. Although the setting is fictional and unfamiliar...the story is easy to follow and unfortunately predictable.

If you don't mind being shown what you already assumed would happen then by all means. If you're looking for a well-written book about some disturbing ideas then be my guest. :)

Lastly I'd like to comment on a few of the themes that relate to society today. I don't wanna give the whole book away but the author makes very clear the ideas of government control, propaganda, individual rights, and even reality TV shows. If the book were just a fun fictional book with no deeper meaning I have given it two stars. But this book prompted me to delve further into the ideas mentioned above. Any book that causes me to want to learn more is a great book in my opinion. :)

Highly recommended!! :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.