Lyndz's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

May 15, 12

bookshelves: mypod-audiobook, witches-wizards, reviewed
Read from April 12 to May 12, 2012

Have you ever had something happen that made you second guess your judgment?

[image error]

It’s kind of like that bad dream we have all had where you are transported back to high school and are walking down the hallways. When suddenly you look down at yourself and realize that you never got dressed for school, and are naked but for a pair of old socks …. AND you can’t remember your locker combination. - That is how City of Fallen Angels made me feel.

I have not read any of the Moral Instruments series since 2009. I honestly thought that I liked the series. But now that I have finished this book I am SERIOUSLY questioning my judgment.
Where did it all go wrong? When did this series start sucking? Why did Cassandra Clare write another novel when the original plan was to end at 3?
(Someone please answer those questions for me.)

I don’t want to write a lengthy negative review because I quite enjoyed the other books – at least I think I did.

2 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.

05/11/2012 page 250
05/14/2012 page 423
100.0% "Finished. Will write review soon."
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-7)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Lyndz I thought I had already read this, but apparently I haven't.

kari Where did it all go wrong?
When she decided to give Clary and Jace more angst instead of focusing on Simon as she SAID she was going to do.
When did this series start sucking?
When she decided to "unkill" Sebastian.
For $$$
Those are my answers and I agree with your review.

message 5: by Synesthesia (new) - added it

Synesthesia From the very beginning?

ALso I hope that person wasn't hurt.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

The Infernal Devices, the series that comes before this one is a whole lot better than this series could ever be. So far anyway....

Lyndz kari wrote: "Where did it all go wrong?
When did this series start sucking?
When she decided to..."

kari, I think you are exactly right!

Lyndz Emily wrote: "Uh, this series started sucking when she changed all the rules and brought all the dead people back to life. Yeah, that sucked.
The Infernal Devices, the series that comes before this one is a whol..."

i like the infernal devices a lot better too. I hope Cassandra Clare will know when to stop with that series and doesn't kill it like this one!

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Lyndz wrote: "Emily wrote: "Uh, this series started sucking when she changed all the rules and brought all the dead people back to life. Yeah, that sucked.
The Infernal Devices, the series that comes before this..."

Yeah, otherwise I could end up hating that one too! And that would suck