Giselle's Reviews > Something Blue

Something Blue by Emily Giffin

Jul 06, 11

bookshelves: adult, contemporary
Read from July 04 to 06, 2011

In this sequel to Something Borrowed, Darcy takes centre stage. Despite her bitchy attitude and snide personality in Something Borrowed, I still found her a much more interesting character than the boringly Dex-obsessed Rachel - her beau stealing story was interesting, sure, but I was glad to move on to Darcy's side of the fence.

So we get to see Darcy's skewed view of the world, all the while learning where her shallowness comes from so that you can sort of forgive her for her insensitiveness and root for her.

Griffin has a way of bringing out the emotions in her books. I felt the heartbreak, love and joy throughout this novel as if it was happening to me. She takes a situation and makes you reminisce on what it felt like when you were in her shoes. It also works on making the characters realistic, even if the story lines aren't always.

As a chick-lit, there's bound to be some fairy tale scenarios, and this one is no exception. Everything falls nicely into place. Which was fine by me because I was expecting it. Some might find it too unbelievable. I thought it was cute and fun to read.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Blue.

07/05/2011 page 152