Angela's Reviews > Forgotten

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Jun 22, 11

bookshelves: arc, ya, summer-reads-2011, debut
Read on June 14, 2011

Forgotten is a wonderful page turn about a young woman dealing with memory lose... a very strange and unique memory lose.

For most of her life, London Lane has been hiding an unfathomable problem: She can remember her future, yet she cannot remember her past. Each and every night, her brain rests at 4 o'clock without fail every morning come rain or shine. In order to remember things, London Lane keeps notes. Notes about what she's worn that week. Notes about homework assignments. Notes to bring fresh gym shirts. Notes about the fight she is in with her best friend. Notes about her boyfriend- an incredible, sweet, gorgeous boy that she just can't see in her future. But most haunting, notes about a strange, scary vision of the future that she can't figure out.

Written effortlessly, Forgotten's plot twists and turns leaving the reader on edge. I just couldn't put this book down. And at no point did I try to pick apart the plot or try to over analysis London's mental issues, I just embraced it all- willingly, effortlessly, eagerly.

In summation: This is a great paranormal mystery romance. I read this book in under four hours and loved every single moment. It is a fantastic summer escape!

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten.

06/14/2011 page 30
10.0% "What a crazy, cool, strange book!"
06/14/2011 page 115
38.0% "I truly do NOT want to put this book down, but apparently children need to be fed. Pfff."