Wendy Darling's Reviews > Unwind

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

THAT SCENE made me clutch my blankie. *sobs*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unwind.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker This is one book I'm surprised you never read!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Cillian wrote: "I agree with Michelle."

I would love to see what she thought about this book.

Wendy Darling Oh jeez--how did I miss seeing this back in August? Sorry, Michelle.

I've been meaning to read this for awhile, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I see you both were big fans! So you think I'd like it, I take it? Or do you think I won't, and therein lies your amusement?

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Wendy Darling wrote: "Oh jeez--how did I miss seeing this back in August? Sorry, Michelle.

I think you would really enjoy it and it would move you! So, yes, I think you would love it. It remains one of my top ten books of all time.

Wendy Darling Well, thanks for the little nudge! I definitely want to read it sometime soon, and knowing you two think so highly of it is a big plus. I think I'm going to read Jellicoe before that with Maja though, and you know I have to space out my "real" books with fluff. There's only so much in my emotional reservoir.

Cillian...you'd be surprised. ;)

Lāel Wendy Darling, this is highly recommended. :)

Wendy Darling So I keep hearing, Lael. :)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Wendy Darling wrote: "So I keep hearing, Lael. :)"

OMG... I might have to kidnap you and force you to read this book. you know, I'm not that far away from you.

Wendy Darling Wahh, but my LIST is so HUGE. Why can't I have 10 brains so I can read 10 times the amount of books?!

Are you really coming to L.A. next month, Michelle? Pretty please? :)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Wendy Darling wrote: "Wahh, but my LIST is so HUGE. Why can't I have 10 brains so I can read 10 times the amount of books?!

Are you really coming to L.A. next month, Michelle? Pretty please? :)"

I'm going to try!!

Wendy Darling Oh good! Keep me posted. :)

Gabrielle Carolina THAT SCENE is horrifying! Totally eye opening, as well.

message 13: by Purcheria (new)

Purcheria This sounds like a really good book Wendy. Is it horror though? I can't do horror.

message 14: by Purcheria (new)

Purcheria Oh ok. Thanks Cillian. Onto the TR list it goes.

message 15: by Purcheria (new)

Purcheria Lol. No worries. I can't talk, I did the same thing on a comment left on another reviewer (Keertana) earlier this week.

message 16: by Purcheria (new)

Purcheria Thanks..Much appreciated.

Wendy Darling I'm glad Cillian answered your question, Purcheria. Definitely not a horror novel.

I loved this book, though, and the sequel is great, too!

Wendy Darling Whoa, that is a long time! But the good thing is that the last book comes out in just a year! So no waiting 7 years. :D

message 19: by Gwen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gwen LOL, I just saw this. But dude...that one whole CHAPTER. It still gives me the shivers...

message 20: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Read the first chapter and already my stomach aches and I went to hug my kids..do I go on? The reccs make me wonder though!

Wendy Darling Yeah, the whole chapter was just...brilliantly done.

Liz, I am quite sure you will love this book. I'll eat a lima bean if you don't. (view spoiler)

message 22: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Wendy Darling wrote: "Liz, I am quite sure you will love this book. I'll eat a lima bean if you don't. [spoilers removed]"
Wow, it's a sure thing then! *grabs tissues* OK, I'm going in!! :)

Wendy Darling Awesome! Let me know what you think when you finish in case I miss seeing it. I haven't been around as much lately, and I want to make sure I don't miss your tears. :D

message 24: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz I am so happy I took your advice..this was just..wow! Kept me all twisted up and THAT SCENE..o.m.g.
Great stuff, and book 2 is even better??

Wendy Darling Whoa, that was FAST, Liz. Hah hah--you can see what I meant about that scene!

I actually liked this book more than the second, but the second is still excellent. I look forward to hearing what you think of that...tomorrow? ;)

message 26: by Gwen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gwen ^ same. The first book was my first love, but the second makes an excellent sequel.

And THAT SCENE.... 0__0 I still get the shivers just thinking about it.

Wendy Darling I know. :( I'm really curious how this trilogy will end.

message 28: by Gwen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gwen I'm almost scared how he will end it...

Nicki I'm finding this one to have an indescribable eerie feeling to it. Can't quite put it into words. Just something has me disturbed... and I like it :)

Nicki THAT SCENE... yes

Nicki THAT SCENE... yes

message 32: by Mark (new) - added it

Mark Do think this book is an appropriate read for a 14-year old? I recently bought this and ALL THE COMMENTS TALKING ABOUT THIS ONE CERTAIN CHAPTER. I'M GETTING SCARED.

message 33: by H99 (new) - rated it 5 stars

H99 I think it's definitely appropriate for anyone 13 and up, or even a bit younger than that. That one chapter that people talk about isn't very descriptive or gruesome; you have to infer what's happening, and that's what makes it even more eerie. It's just the idea of it happening and the person's thoughts, as well as how the thing happens, that makes it so terrifying. A 14-year-old should be okay.