Victoria's Reviews > Unearthly

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, angels, fantasy, paranormal, leaves-awesomeness-behind, best-characters, books-i-really-liked, made-me-laugh, books-reviewed, cover-i-love, heroines-i-love-and-respect, series-to-continue-still-like, urban-fantasy
Recommended for: fans of paranormal stories and angels
Read on April 01, 2011, read count: 2

Are you tired of these crappy YA angels books (Hush, Hush, Halo, etc.)? Unearthly is absolutely different than all those kind of books. You just have to read it to get my point! Unearthly has relatable characters, beautiful romance, and a well-written plot. The MC, Clara, is a relatable heroine to all girls--kind, quirky, funny, and nice. She's definitely not annoying or the type you want to bitch-slap across her face since she did something infuriating and stupid nor the flat/boring characters like many heroines I have read these days. I grow to understand and love her because of her kindness, devotion to her brother and mother, and her responsibility towards her purpose. And you know, Clara actually have flaws?! I'm finally happy to read a YA book that has flawed, yet relatable characters.

The romance between Clara and Tucker was just beautiful and potrayed very realistictly. (The relationship is healthy! Can't you believe that?) There're no violence words, abusing, or anything dangerous in this romance. It started out as friendship which slowly blossoms its way to a cute romance that I grow to love. I love the moments when they spent time together during the summer and their laugh and joy in the sunlight. Oh, it was just beautiful. (I just keep saying that! But you get my point!)

I also grow to love the storyline about angels that Cynthia Hand crafted together. There were some parts that were unexpected, but I loved it. The secondary characters such as Clara's friends were fun to read about. They all have their quirk, humor, and they characterization was relatable to anyone.

Unearthly is definitely a GOOD angel book that you shouldn't miss! I'll definitely be reading all of her books without a doubt.

P.S Don't you just love the cover of Unearthly? :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unearthly.

Quotes Victoria Liked

Cynthia Hand
“So often we only do what we think is expected of us, when we are capable of so much more.”
Cynthia Hand, Unearthly

01/29/2012 page 24
01/29/2012 page 24
6.0% "I am reading Unearthly in preparation of reading the next book, Hallowed."
01/31/2012 page 120
28.0% "It feels so good to reread Unearthly! I laugh every time Tucker came to the story and says something that is hilarously ridiculous! Amazing book!"
show 2 hidden updates…