Auntee's Reviews > Riding Wild

Riding Wild by Jaci Burton

Mar 10, 2008

bookshelves: erotic-romance, romantic-suspense, jaci-burton
Recommended for: Fans of erotic romantic suspense
Read in April, 2008

** spoiler alert ** Rich girl Lily is dumped (for her own good, of course) by sexy first love, wrong side of the tracks, petty thief, all around bad guy Mac.
Lily moves on, heartbroken, to college and a law enforcement/P.I. career (against rich guy lawyer Daddy's wishes). Daddy wants her to join his law firm; Lily wants to do her own thing and maybe take a walk on the wild side.

Mac moves own, gets in big trouble with his thievery, but manages to get his life turned around with the help of an ex-military General. Mac now works, along with some other former law breakers, for the General and a secret Government agency called Wild Riders. This agency uses the skills of former thieves to 'reclaim' goods that were stolen from the gov't., when the gov't can't reclaim them through normal, 'legal' channels.

Now after 10 years and on a museum stakeout, Lily witnesses her lost love Mac, stealing a museum artifact. Mac is shot at by some bad guys, sees Lily, and drags her along with him, escaping on a wild ride on his Harley. Inside the artifact is a vial containing a deadly poison that could wreck havoc on the world if it falls into the wrong hands. While Mac assures Lily that he's one of the good guys, Lily doesn't know if she should trust him. How can she be sure that he doesn't want to turn the virus over to terrorists and make a ton of money? Mac can't tell her the whole story of who he works for, as he is sworn to secrecy, and is not sure who Lily is working for either. Lily wants to believe in Mac, but after 10 years, she's just not sure any more.

What follows is a wild ride away from the bad guys, on Mac's Harley, from Chicago to Dallas. On the way Mac and Lily rekindle their hot romance, and Lily and Mac learn to trust each other like they never have before. There's lots and lots of passionate encounters, a little suspense thrown in, and a meeting with the other sexy and a little dangerous Wild Riders that has 'numerous sequels' written all over it.

This was a sexy, fun, fast-paced read for me, and I'm hoping there are numerous sequels. It reminded me a little of Tara Janzen's 'Crazy' series, only more erotic. If you like an exciting, erotic read with a little suspense on the side, then this 'wild ride' is for you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Riding Wild.

message 1: by ElaineY (new) - added it

ElaineY I only got to the part where they were on the road to Dallas (or wherever) and it slowed down considerably for me by then. When nothing much was happening, I set it aside but I want to get back to it. I'll bring it with me to Australia where I'll be the next couple of weeks and finish it there.

message 2: by Tammy (new)

Tammy An erotic reunion romance with suspense? Sign me up!

Great review, Auntee.