Megan's Reviews > Chasing Fire

Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts

Jun 25, 11

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011, listened-to-in-2011

Took this audiobook on my shuffle for a 10-day camping trip in Yosemite. I would put on my headphones and listen burrowed in my sleeping bag. The shuffle is way lighter than Kindle or paperbacks to carry around, and the battery charge lasts longer than headlight batteries. So I ended up with a very different experience of daytime hikes through pine forests! I kept looking over my shoulder and pictured columns of fire devils chasing. I would so get what Rowan and Gull feel when they see a meadow of wildflowers after a forest fire.

I would rate this story 4.5stars, nearer to 5 because of my person-specific experience, closer to 4 for the more general reader. La Nora's prose and descriptions of the setting, enhanced by the narration, was very evocative.

Then there's the hot smokin chemistry between Rowan and Gull. Gull himself is no different from countless other Roberts' heroes (most similar to High Noon's). Rowan is kick-ass heroine and has occasional immature moments. Their romance is believable, but the best characters are the forest fire and the life of firefighters. Go zoolies!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Fire.