Cheryl's Reviews > Commune of Women

Commune of Women by Suzan Still

Sep 12, 11

bookshelves: 2k11-reading-challenge-3rd-quarter, from-author, for-review
Read from July 06 to September 12, 2011

One seemingly normal day at the airport turns into a not so normal event. Chaos and gunfire at the airport causes six women to run for cover to the breakroom of the LAX airport. Two of the women are wounded. The women all come together and end up telling stories of their lives in the midst of all of the things going on.

I liked that Suzan Still defined each character by putting their name as a header while they tell their story. You will go from one character to the next as you listen to their stories. The writing is very detailed. I loved the whole idea of the story. You just never know, one day you could be doing something ordinary like going to the airport and you could be put with a bunch of women that you don't even know and end up telling more to them about your life than you would even expect.

At first I had trouble getting into the book and trying to remember who was who. What have been really cool would be to have a picture of each woman maybe at the beginning of the book just so you could connected a face with the character. I know when you read you are supposed to form each character in your mind, but it just would have been helpful. I could really see this book being made into a movie!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Commune of Women.