Jamie's Reviews > The Undying Apathy of Imogen Shroud

The Undying Apathy of Imogen Shroud by Ben  White

U_50x66
Jun 08, 11

bookshelves: kindle, member-giveaway-reviews

Fast paced, funny, and at times completely horrific I found myself staying up all night to finish this little gem. Imogen, wrapped in a deep depression after a failed romance, slogs through life just trying to meet her mothers demand that she leave her house once a week. Being 17 and tortured by the attentions of her hero worshipping younger brother, Imogen finds herself forced to endure the company of the undersized 11 year old Zack on a trek across town to a comic con. Once there all hell breaks loose as an unnatural disaster hits and the dead rise!

Mr. White has created some truly engaging characters and another type of zombie! One of my favorite lines has to do with these are not Romero’s zombies and is it ever true! I found myself alternating between being horrified and tense for Imogen and laughing out loud at some of the survivors she meets on her quest to remain alive. While many of the standard tropes are used in the story the spin they undergo is hilarious. There are so many more story point I’d like to bring up but I do not want to spoil this experience for other readers. I will just say that I hadn’t had as much laugh out loud fun reading in a very long time.

Isn’t it nice to find a new work and author to follow? I plan on reading as much of Mr. White’s work as I can lay my hands on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Undying Apathy of Imogen Shroud.