RLA's Reviews > The Restless Billionaire

The Restless Billionaire by Abby Green

Jun 08, 2011

Read in June, 2011

The book begins with the heroine Aneesa, a famous Bollywood star, in the middle of her wedding to her co-star. She is terrified and desperately wants to stop the ceremony knowing that the marriage will be a sham, but is worried about the shame her actions may cause her family. In the end she can't go through with it and runs, inadvertently running into the hero Sebastian's suite. Sebastian, unbeknownst to Aneesa, is the owner of the hotel, earlier he had been observing the wedding and had felt a connection with Aneesa after sensing her fear and loneliness. They end up spending the night together agreeing it's a one night thing, but a few weeks later Aneesa discovers she is pregnant and is forced to leave India for a while due to the scandal. When she tells Sebastian about the pregnancy he offers her a place to stay and they both fall into a rather awkward pattern of living together and trying to be friends, not to mention trying to ignore the chemistry between them.

I really enjoyed this book, the accidental pregnancy plotline is a traditional one, but one that Abby Green does spectacularly (I recommend Abby's 'Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded' for a perfect example of this!). I really loved Sebastian as a character, he is different from the previous two Wolfe brothers, he is more quiet and introverted, although equally as tortured. He took a while to come to terms with the pregnancy and his feelings towards Aneesa and this was very honest and well written. I found Aneesa difficult to warm to, she seemed a little silly at first but as the story progressed she matured and became more sure of herself, which was very satisfying to read.
As expected from Abby Green's books, the chemistry between the characters lit up the pages and the intense emotions kept me turning the pages as fast as I could.

Originally posted at http://everyday-is-the-same.blogspot....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Restless Billionaire.

07/10 marked as: read