Anna's Reviews > Pure

May 15, 2012

bookshelves: favorite-series, mythology, read-2012, ya
Read from March 25 to 27, 2012

Review originally posted at Books to Brighten your Mood

Jennifer Armentrout does it again! Honestly, this writer can do no wrong! At least the way I see it. I plainly love every single thing Armentrout writes and I strongly believe that it will take her to write a really bad book for me to change my opinion of her. Yeah, I know, I love her that much!

Let me start by saying that Pure, may not have been as brilliantly good as Half-Blood was, but still, it is freaking good. And the reason I didn't like it as much as the first instalment of the Covenant series is simply personal. You see, from the first book, I dreaded the fact that something would happen to someone sooner rather than later (I'm not gonna say what, I hate spoilers) and seeing it actually happen in the second book made me cringe a bit. I don't know why it was so obvious that things headed that way, but I kind of hoped that this part was unnecessary and that it actually wouldn't take place. But to be honest, even if that's the case, I enjoyed so much reading Pure, that as soon as I started reading it, I just couldn't put this book down. And that is the brilliance of Armentrout's books. They flow so easily, and they are so good to read, that you simply don't want the book to end or you don't even realise when you reach the last page!

In Pure, we get to learn more about the taboo of Pures having a relationship with half-bloods and how doomed really Alex's and Aiden's relationship is. We get more on Seth and let me tell you, that as far as love triangles go, that one, is among those I don't mind reading. You see, I don't usually like a love-triangle, it's so used in literature nowadays and in many cases, it's just a trend. But in this series, I just don't mind about it and there are even moments that I quite enjoy it. Maybe because Seth is a really interesting character. I don't know. But the thing is, that this specific love-triangle, is one I really think that fits into the story.

All things considered, Pure, is as well written as the first book of the series, the action scenes plenty and well delivered, the romance hot and everything is simply perfect! If you enjoyed Half-Blood, then you just have to read Pure!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pure.