Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading*'s Reviews > Agatha Christie An Autobiography

Agatha Christie An Autobiography by Agatha Christie

Mar 29, 15

bookshelves: biographies, a-own-book-form, 4-star, reviewed
Read from June 03 to October 02, 2012

I read biographies so slowly. This one took awhile to get through. Interesting, personalized insight into Agatha's life, she had the ability to remember some very minor details most of us would have forgotten. I like how she began her biography discussing the love of her family home, Ashfield, and then closed it with Ashfield being gone and missing it. She definitely enjoyed houses and travel! Really that's what most of the book was about. She barely talks about writing and books, not really. It's pretty obvious she saw it as pure work and not a passion. Travels and places were her clear enthusiasm - some of it was interesting but at times grew a bit dull to me. I have probably 10 status updates on this book with different viewpoints combined.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Agatha Christie An Autobiography.

Quotes Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading* Liked

Agatha Christie
“It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them. ”

Agatha Christie
“But surely for everything you love you have to pay some price.”

Agatha Christie
“I suppose it is because nearly all children go to school nowadays and have things arranged for them that they seem so forlornly unable to produce their own ideas.”
Agatha Christie, An Autobiography

06/03/2012 "Page 86 so far..putting down for notes or otherwise I'll forget. Interesting how Christie sees servants of her days versus of today and how important they were. Also interesting to note her feel of approving how the Victorian era viewed their children's capabilities, versus today where parents automatically feel their children should be able to shine at everything because of opportunity (which she does not agree with"
06/12/2012 page 103
18.0% "Still in childhood - the woman seems to remember everything before she was seven!! I couldn't imagine that kind of memory."
06/17/2012 page 153
27.0% "Book was lagging as she kept micromanaging every miniscule detail of childhood. Now that tragedy struck, it's improving again...not because of the tragedy really, but because she is now speeding it along and focusing on bigger things and not so many inconsequential tidbits."
06/26/2012 page 198
35.0% "Read some more today - still some dull parts, still some interesting ones, still some good quotes about life to add here."
06/26/2012 page 198
09/20/2012 page 283
50.0% "Finally Agathas sold her first book....for sure the majority of the autobiography wasn't spent on writing and her novels :p"