Nikki's Reviews > Born at Midnight

Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter

Jun 07, 11

,Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter had me hooked from the start and left me dying for more. At first, it reminded me of an urban fantasy version of the Percy Jackson story, as the main character, Kylie, is sent off to a camp, where she discovers that she’s not the ordinary girl she always assumed she was. Now, I’ll admit, beyond the whole “trying to find out who or what Kylie is plot,” and the “which boy will she choose” plot, not a whole lot happens in this book. However, it does set up the next book in the series nicely, and I have great faith that things will really start to move in that book. Although this is usually a complaint for me, it was different with this book, because even though nothing huge happened pretty much until the end of the book, I felt like I was getting to really know the characters and building up a solid connection that will carry me through the rest of the series. While the whole love triangle smacked a little of another rather famous paranormal love triangle, it does add a nice romantic element to the story, and I’m looking forward to seeing how it pans out. My only complaint is that I waited the whole book to find out what Kylie is, and still didn’t get my answer before the last page. I hope it isn’t going to be drawn out much longer.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born at Midnight.