Scott's Reviews > City of the Gods: Forgotten

City of the Gods by M. Scott Verne

Jun 28, 11

Read from June 07 to 17, 2011

City of the Gods: Forgotten is a beautiful book. The guys who put this together did an amazing job with the maps and all the illustrations. This book is a perfect fit for any fans of mythology since it uses gods from most of the major civilizations in history.

The story revolves around D'Molay and Aavi. D'Molay is a rare freeman in The City, where almost everyone is committed to a god or a slave. He does odd jobs for the various pantheons and seems to be well respected for his work. Aavi is a mystery through most of the book. A statue that comes to life at D'Molay's feet with no memories of her own and no belly button. D'Molay decides to help Aavi and her simple innocence draws him in to a role of protector that he seems familiar with from his life on Earth.

The story is well written and the origins of the two main characters are kept hidden until close to the end of the book. I really enjoyed the interactions of the gods from different cultures and the council system that had oversees the ruling of The City.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of the Gods.

06/08/2011 page 85
06/17/2011 page 306
99.0% 1 comment
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Steve Crompton I joined up, I never even heard of Goodreads until you mentioned it - thanks and Enjoy Scott's book

Steve Crompton I think you'll find it a good read. The story keeps you guessing to the end as to who or what the Forgotten girl is. Plus you get to meet a bunch of Greek, Mayan, Egyptian and other gods.

Scott It is a very good book although I have always been a sucker for the mythology thing so it may cater to me a bit lol.

message 4: by M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M. Verne Thank you everyone for the kind comments! Wynn and I really tried to create something special - not just s story, but a whole world and characters you can really care about, none of whom are perfect. Our Mythic Tales Anthology will be out in February. It comtains stories about many of the characters that appear in the novel.